Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 12, 2004, 2:47 AM   #1

I just bought an f828 and when shooting indoors i have a great problem with image blurring. Even when shooting in the standard mode. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I have a defective unit, or is it operator error? I am a novice, so much help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Josh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2004, 11:55 AM   #2

Hi Josh

The 828 is a new animal if you are not used to it. When shooting indoors check some settings. AF Hologram should be on in low light situations and it is surprisingly accurate for many shots.

Flash, either forced or manual, will help the blurring. If you use the slow synch flashwhen shooting, any movement by you will blur the shot, since it takes a little practice. I use it mostly with tripod shots. Normal flash mode should work fine in most cases. There are times when the flash may not be needed and you can use exisiting light, taking shots with and without will help you understand the camera and necessary settings for good results.

Make sure the auto-focus is kicking in when you hold the shutter halfway down and the green light on the LCD freezes, then take the shot. Sometimes I forget to freeze the auto-focus and I too end up with a blurred mess. The auto-focus is one of the fastest you'll find on a digicam and combined with the already fast Zeiss lens the combination is excellent.

Check your light metering-multi, center, etc. Sometimes using night framing will aid in getting that indoor shot. Using the spot meter on your subject will also help in getting the proper focus on your subject. The best advice is to practice in Program Modewith different settings and flash modes and you will be surprised how simple it can be in most cases. Hope this helps. Remember-practice!!!

Mike B
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 6:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the insight. When i use the flash i dont have a problem at all, its just in situations where the flash will overexpose the picture. Would adjusting my shutter speed fix the problem? Thanks.
Josh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 11:13 AM   #4

Try changing the aperture priority and let the camera change the shutter speed. Take some shots as you change and see the results. Non-flash shots can tend to be on the noisy side, but a little adjustment in exposure and ISO can help. I find that playing with the settings in Program Mode can produce some very good results.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote