Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 19, 2004, 12:56 PM   #1

I picked up my DSC-U20 about 9 months ago from Fry's Electronics when they had them on sell for $115. I wanted a blue one, but eh, black works just as well for the price heh.

I know the U40 just came out, but it basically looks like a body upgrade as the U30 was (though the mirror thing looked cool).

Has there been any news regarding a 3MP version of the camera coming out? Or maybe a version with less jpg compression in the images. My old Canon Powershoat A40's pics were recorded at around 1MB each, most of the ones I take with the U20 come in at around 250-350kb. I know you can't really compare the two cameras to each other, I was just comparing how much each compressed the 2MP image.

A bit OT, I can't wait for the s700 phone to come out this fall, http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Page=1&Id=652

splunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:16 PM   #2

Any news on new DSC-U series? I like the L1 but it's just too much larger. Hoping there have been some rumblings on this one heh.
splunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:47 PM   #3
Administrator

I believe the U series is officially dead, sorry.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:40 AM   #4
SLD

I picked up a U30 to replace my stoled U20 a couple of weeks ago for $90 at Ritz(?). There is one difference I found other than the case, the U30 will use larger memory sticks. IIRC th U20 would only use up to 128MB, which I found to be plenty.
SLD is offline   Reply With Quote