Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:26 PM   #1

Hello,

Very new to the digicam world. Have a new Sony P10 and was wondering if there are any tips on getting crisp pics. It seems that unless I want to use the flash the each time, I get the 'shaky hand' icon and/or the pics are slightly out of focus.

Thanks,

Ed
azemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:54 AM   #2

I have a P10 and the images are very sharp.

I wonder what situation you're using the camera in? Indoors?

David

Cybershot455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 1:47 PM   #3

Yes, indoors with normal household lighting. I would prefer to not use the flash sometimes and as I mentioned then I seem to get the shaky hand on the screen and some out of foucs on the pic...Curious if I should use auto or the manual settings and if I should change ISO, white balance, etc. I was even taking pics at an indoor sports stadium with lights and it seemed that for many shots I didn't hold the camera steady enough.

Thanks.

Ed
azemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 3:44 AM   #4

Ed,

I've had 20yrs or more as an SLR user before going to a digital point and shoot which suits current family use.

However all those years with SLR have taught me that availability of really good light is a basic essentialfor nice images. Once you moved indoors with the SLRyou needed special fast lenses, an external flash or a tripod.

Similarly in a stadium a fast lens would help, a tripod would also for any static subjects.

A digital point and shoot (or a 35mm film point and shoot for that matter) are not ideally suited to the uses you mention.

Something like the P10 is fantastic in good to bright outdoor light, also fine with indoors at up to 10ft with flash for a small group.

For household lighting without flashyou will need a tripod, even that will not help if you subject moves at all as the shutter speed will be too slow to stop the motion.

By the way the P10's white balance is said to be fine on Auto indoors, that wouldn't help the movement issue anyway.

There are no manual settings on the P10 that would really help in your situation.

David

Cybershot455 is offline   Reply With Quote