Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:11 AM   #1

I need to get some memory stick pro for when I order my W1 next week. I'd prefer a 512mb stick. But I'm not sure which to get. Should I stick (pun:lol with the Sony pro or opt for a different brand such as Sandisk? I mainly want something that is relatively fastbut vey reliable.
scooby snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2004, 9:45 AM   #2

Has anyone used or have any opinions on Sandisk ultra 2 memory stick pro? I've just found a place that does 512mb for £125, which seems quite reasonable. Looks pretty fast too
scooby snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:09 PM   #3

I have a 512MB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Ultra II, but nothing to compare it with except the 32MBstandard Memory Stick that came with the W1. I looked at this page and it showed some speed specifications:

http://www.memorystick.com/en/support/faq.html#faq7

I just took12 pictures in 15 seconds (without flash). Steve said 1.5 seconds per shot, which would be 10 pictures, so it might be a little faster. When I browse the photos, there is no waiting.

The formatted Memory Stick Pro shows only 468MB available. I found a 451MB (462,099 KB) file littering my media drive and it took about53 seconds to write it to the cardusing the external Sandisk 8 in 1 drive. I renamed it and it took about 10 seconds to copy back to the HDD. The HDD can only write at about 55 MB/s, though.

Hopefully, someone will do similar testing with the standard Memory Stick Pro andshare the results.
Sinister Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote