Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:41 AM   #1

I'd just like people's opinions on the size of the W1. I've read people saying it's big and some say it's ok. My prime concern is image quality but also for the camera to be easily carried. I used to have a Nikon coolpix 5200, which I thought was a good size and easily pocketable. I've compared the size of the 5200 to the W1 and they are the same thickness but the W1 is 3mm longer ( which is I'm nothing imo) however it's also 10mm 'higher'. Even though 10mm isn't much, does it make a noticeable difference in being able to pocket the camera easily?
scooby snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2004, 8:06 PM   #2

scooby snacks wrote:
Quote:
I'd just like people's opinions on the size of the W1. I've read people saying it's big and some say it's ok. My prime concern is image quality but also for the camera to be easily carried. I used to have a Nikon coolpix 5200, which I thought was a good size and easily pocketable. I've compared the size of the 5200 to the W1 and they are the same thickness but the W1 is 3mm longer ( which is I'm nothing imo) however it's also 10mm 'higher'. Even though 10mm isn't much, does it make a noticeable difference in being able to pocket the camera easily?
Scooby Snacks:

Why did you move from Nikon 5200 to Sony W1.

I am a newbie and want buy my first digital camera. I have come down to 3 cameras and confused as hell.

Nikon 5200

Sony DSC P100

Sony DSC P120

After reading the reviews you do get somr idea about the cameras....but still cant decide which one to go for. First of all my concern with Sony is - being into electronics market....there cameras....are they good enough.

What I liked in sony is - Ergnomics of DSC P100, 1.8 LCD and whenn I looked at the camera the buttons looked kinda solid. But I heard and read that colors of sony are not good enough and pics are blurry. Also that most of the people did nt like the software that is bundled with cameras

Where as in Nikon 5200 I liked 15 shooting modes, BSS, and I think users are happy with Picture Project software. What I did n't like was 1.5 LCD and that the same pics are blurry.

Any comments are appreciated!!

tech70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:46 PM   #3
Fen

It fits in a jeans pocket well enough you can forget it's there. Looser trousers are even easier.

Personally I think the thickness is the worst of it as something thin and flat is easier to carry than something thicker but otherwise the same. AsI say though I find it OK.
Fen is offline   Reply With Quote