Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:27 AM   #11

So what is the Biggest Difference between to Regular Memory Card and the Pro Duo Cards? If you know please let me know. I have the W1 with a Pro Duo 256mb card and i have noticed that when i go to a photo center and place the Pro Duo card in the machine to read the card, sometimes the machine is unable to read the card. Do you know why? Im talking about this photo machine that they have in Wall-Mart and Target.

Thanks - Nick.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:00 PM   #12

W1 is good. BUT ... does anyone experience about zoom and focus at twighlight scene or at night ?

I can make sure of holding the camera firmly when taking the shot but it's fine with no zooming only, when i zoom for tele photo and of course set manual focus distance at infinitivethen shoot, the result is not what i expect. I use full 3x zoom (no digital zoom).

IN daytime, focus when zoomingis always fine and i can use center or multi point auto focus function.

Have you ever triedtaking a 30sec- exposure shot in the zero-lux condition (total darkness) and counting hot pixels with the W1 you have just bought ? If anyone here ever did it, can you post a cropped part of the image here.

I regret that when i bought my W1 at the shop, i didnot try to test this on some W1s before picking the best one amoong them. :sad:
lcd-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 2:47 PM   #13
Fen

This was a2 secondexposure at 19mm / f4.5 and through an hotel window

It has been resized from 1280x960 fine (I only had the 32mb card at the time)
Attached Images

Fen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:56 AM   #14

sharp after resized !

But 2 sec exposure plus a small aperture willmake your photounable to show enough details. Quite dark.

I have searched some photos on www.pbase.com that are claimed to be taken at longer exposure and they are socolorfully majestic.

Why dont you try putting it on a tripod andtaking a long-exposure shot at 30 sec without zooming. (when we zoom, aperture is smaller,less light can reach the CCD sensor, i think)
lcd-boy is offline   Reply With Quote