Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:01 PM   #1

*removed*

Last edited by JonnyBlazexx; Feb 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM.
JonnyBlazexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:26 AM   #2

I owned the V-1....but sold it , I shot some nice pics with it. I now have the F-828 and a U-30 (good for pocket). I probably should have kept the V-1, it was all I ever needed. I think from what you say your needs are the W-1 would be just the ticket , I like the bigger LCD screen on the W-1 compaired to the V-1 but not sure about the AA batteries on W-1. Battery life was good on the V-1. If I see a good deal on a V-1 or a W-1 I will probably buy one......
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:43 AM   #3

*removed*

Last edited by JonnyBlazexx; Feb 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM.
JonnyBlazexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 5:07 PM   #4

I almost bought the V1, but when I factored-in the cost of theextra under-poweredbattery, I decided to go with the W1. A 4X zoom was on my list, but I discovered that the Smart Zoom would do 3.8X at the 3MP setting, which I considered adequate. The lens is quite a bit slower on the long end, but I imagined most of my zooming to be outdoors.

I have discovered that I would like the accessory flash ability of the V1 better than the slave only option of the W1.I held the V1 in the store, and it felt good in my hands, but I just couldn't imagine holding it with the flash popped-up. I guess with an accessory flash, you could keep it down? I had thought that my nose might hit the LCD, but surprisingly,the camera was small enough (or my nose long enough) that it wasn't a problem.

In the lastyear, digital camerashave become faster,more power efficient, and less expensive. Since the W1 has been claimed by my wife, I thought I might wait to see if the V1 has a worthy successor.
Sinister Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:29 AM   #5

Hi,

I have a V1 and I absolutly love it. I use it for everything. I'm not into professional photography but I have managed to shoot like the pros on occasion.

The V1 does come with a lot of features. When I bought the camera, I had no clue about the theory's of photography, now I know what I am doing and use most of the features the V1 has to offer.

For the moment you may think that the W1 will be good for you. But in time, you may want the extra features the V1 has to offer and then your going to kick yourself. It will only come in time.

I have a website, http://www.purpleman.org with a photo gallery section. The V1 stuff stops after March 2004.

Hope this helps.

Purpleman
http://www.purpleman.org
purpleman is offline   Reply With Quote