Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 31, 2004, 3:47 PM   #1
rg7

Hello

I've recently been doing some shopping around for a camera that can make large, clear photographic prints. I've narrowed it down now to two: the dsc-w1 and the dsc-p100. But now I'm stuck. They come to an excact draw in features (at least as far as I'm concerned), and they get reviews with almost the excact same comments!

I figure now the only way to make a choice is image quality. I know they're supposed to have the same CCD, but I've heard that results vary. So: can anyone who owns one or the other (or both) help me? Thank you!
rg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2004, 4:13 AM   #2
Fen

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=28
Fen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 6:36 PM   #3
rg7

Thanks; sorry 'bout that.
rg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:52 AM   #4

I went through same choice. P100 more pocketable, W1 bigger screen and add-on lenses screw right in without a "frame". A little shadow with P100 flash, but not a big deal. Same image quality. The extra scenes on P100 don't add much...you'll wind up using manual settings for these situations.

Really a coin toss. You'll be happy either way. I bought the W1.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:31 AM   #5

I had both the p100 and the W1 and I found the W1 takes better photos. Here are one of my pics with the W1. I love it but some people have different preferences. I suggest you buy it at a store that you can return it to for a full refund if you don't like it.

(of course the photo is greatly reduced in size so the full image is way way way more clearer)
Attached Images

Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:55 AM   #6

I went through that and in the end decided that the AA batteries were the most important to me. To have a ready source of batteries in an emergency was just too convenient..

The big screen is also cool at parties, when everyone can ooh and aah at the pictures that were just taken.

The picture quality was identical to my eyes.
chrisdsa is offline   Reply With Quote