Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 11, 2004, 4:52 PM   #1

Could my W1 be broken? When I am about to take a picture of text on my computer, the text is COMPLETELY fuzzy on the LCD. Is there a problem with my camera? How do I get the text to look "unfuzzy"?
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2004, 5:22 PM   #2
Fen

WellI just pointed my W12 at your post and I could read it on the LCD when I zoomed in enough to make the text big enough to see properly.

That could be because I'm using a laptop LCD and you might be on a CRT, or because I'm in 50Hz UK and you're in 60Hz North America or one of a number of other reasons that don't mean your camera is faulty.

Fen
Fen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 12:57 PM   #3

PMFBI

I see you use a "w12"? I was about to buy a w1 when I saw mention of a w12 around the forums. Is the w12 significantly different to the w1?

Any help would be appreciated before I splash out my cash.

TIA

RJ
jjoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 5:15 PM   #4
Fen

The W12 is exactly the same as the W1 except it's black and it is supplied with a second pair of NiMh cells and a leather (or leather look) case. There's a pic of it in Steve's review IIRC.

Fen
Fen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 6:17 AM   #5

Thanks a lot - mystery solved. I can now get on and buy one or other depending on prices.

I must say - I have been a bit concerned about all the press the w1 has been getting over "soft" output, but otherwise I think the larger LCD has got to be a winner over anything else.

Thanks again

Richard
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:44 AM   #6

Is it in macro mode? If it is then you should see the little flower icon on the LCD. This is used for focusing on closer objects/
scar_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:23 AM   #7

No - it appears to be in all modes and seems to be a factor of the in-camera processing. The review in steve's site discusses it .
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:31 PM   #8

A better way to get the image is to use the print screen function on your PC. Paste the image into Powerpoint 2003 or Acrobat and then right click to save as a jpeg (Powerpoint) or Save As in Acrobat. Actually, any type of image coverter will work once you copy it via "print screen".

A CRT is continually rescanning so you are actually freezing a rapidly moving image. The scan lines can make it look blurry. Your camera resolution is much higher than the screen.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote