Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:08 PM   #1

i just got a sony p93 5MP digi cam. everything is great except the fact that the actual lens of the camera when it is deployed, is shaky. if i put my finger at the top or bottom part and try to move it, it will shake for a tiny fraction of a cm, sth like a loose screw on a wall. the pics, videos and all functions of the camera are working fine, but i am still worried about the lens.

p.s. the camera was the last one on display in a glass shelf. help!
netnick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:15 PM   #2

Both my Sony P92 and W1 have lenses that move a couple of mm if you touchthem with your finger. I think it's just the way that they are made. Try going into a shop and have a look at another P93 or any other Sony point and shoot and see if it does the same thing.
Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:06 PM   #3

I thought that this might be the case but it wouldn't do that with my kodak. I will ask around though just to be on the safe side.
netnick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:42 AM   #4

This is something general in Sony. Looking to Kodak may mislead you because all Kodak cameras i have seen had very stable lenses when extended.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:31 AM   #5

When I tested the P93 earlier this year the rattling lens was one of my reasons for nor keeping it.....however it was the first extending lens Sony I'd used and more testing soon demonstrated they all do it.

I now have a P12 and that rattles as you shake the camera, almost as bad as the P93 but I've got used to it.

David
Cybershot455 is offline   Reply With Quote