Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:54 PM   #31

Chris,

Maybe we can help each other. I just posted a question as to what camera to buy. I have come to the conclusion that I will need two cameras maybe to meet my needs. The first will be a compact point & shoot camera. Of all the cameras I have revied I keep coming back to the Sony Cybershots. My purpose fot this camera is to take good photograps of nature at it's best while I am kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon and otheras in the Vero beach area. I plan to purchase a underwater case but only to protect the camera from saltwater. I haven't decided on which model. The older DSC P9 are 4mp and cheaper, case and camera combined rather than the DSC p73 or the DSC P93 or 93A. I seem to be leading to the DMC - P93A because of resolution and other attributes the other Cybershots don't have. Other than the Sony Cybershots an Olympus Stylus 600, 800 or 810 was a considerration. These are weatherproof cameras. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. About your camera selection Panasonic Lumix keep coming up as a recommendation. One of there models is the DMC - TZ3. see what you think. Hope this helps. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hank Fish
Hank Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:31 AM   #32

CyberShotNut,

Wow somebody like me is out there, Nice collection.I have had7 other Cybershots out there I still own three of them now, a P73, F828 and the H5. I gave my Dad my P93 and my friend my T1. The rest I just sold to buy more cameras. My latest is the Canon 30D.

Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:09 AM   #33

Hank Fish wrote:
Quote:
Chris,

Maybe we can help each other. I just posted a question as to what camera to buy. I have come to the conclusion that I will need two cameras maybe to meet my needs. The first will be a compact point & shoot camera. Of all the cameras I have revied I keep coming back to the Sony Cybershots. My purpose fot this camera is to take good photograps of nature at it's best while I am kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon and otheras in the Vero beach area. I plan to purchase a underwater case but only to protect the camera from saltwater. I haven't decided on which model. The older DSC P9 are 4mp and cheaper, case and camera combined rather than the DSC p73 or the DSC P93 or 93A. I seem to be leading to the DMC - P93A because of resolution and other attributes the other Cybershots don't have. Other than the Sony Cybershots an Olympus Stylus 600, 800 or 810 was a considerration. These are weatherproof cameras. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. About your camera selection Panasonic Lumix keep coming up as a recommendation. One of there models is the DMC - TZ3. see what you think. Hope this helps. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hank Fish
I can't really comment on the other brands you mentioned since I repair Sony cameras for a living and those are the only ones I own, but the P93 is a much better camera than the P9. The P93 is much faster, has better color reproduction, has manual controls and has Memory Stick PRO support. In my opinion the P93 is still an excellent camera.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote