Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 19, 2004, 6:57 PM   #1

Hello everyone, I'm Chris in Tampa, FL, new to this forum and I thought it would be a cool place to talk with others that have the same interest as I do. I originally started with Sony Digicams in 2001 when I bought my first DSC-P1, I thought it was awesome to be able to take unlimited pic's for free. I got some average pic's with my P1, then moved up to the smaller DSC-P5 and then i was hooked. Shortly after my P5 i bought a DSC-S85, DSC-P9, DSC-U20, DSC-F707 andDSC-F717. More recently i purchased a DSC-P52, DSC-P72, DSC-P92, DSC-P10, DSC-V1,DSC-P93, DSC-P100, DSC-T1, and DSC-W1. I have sold some of them on ebay but I still have a bunch. (Posted here so you know I'm not making it up) These are the cams I currently own plus the T1 i still have which I took the picture with. So, if you have any questions, comments or just want to share your experiences with these cameras, my contact info is in my profile. (I mostly use AIM)
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2004, 8:30 AM   #2

hey , i need some help here :P
ok, let's get to the subject.

I normally take my photo in auto mode since i'm a Noob .

but sometimes i use manual setting cause i need to take a good picture of fish tanks as my job requires it, and the camera auto mode doesn't seems to fullfill my needs .

ok, I used to have P10 but now my fiancee useing it sing her kyocera was broken,

so i bought this casio Z40 and i;m very dissapointed with the performance!! the picture was sucks big time .

so i need u r opinion on my next camera wheter it Sony or not, which is small at least 3 MP and easy to use

acctually i wanted to buy a T1 but everybody seems to say that the T1 also sucks!

so i still confused, T1? W1? P100? or other brand ??

please help me here, thx.
10-Dee-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:43 AM   #3

Considering the only non-sony camera I've owned was a 2.0 Megapixel Kodak, I can't give you too much information on other brands. The W1 and P100 are about identical in image quality, just the size, shape and a few features are different. Both the P100 and W1 have given me good results. I just got rid of my T1 on ebay because I was not satisfied with the quality of the pictures it produced. If you had a P10 and liked the images it produced, I'm sure you'd be happy with either the P100 or W1 considering they are just an upgrade to the P10. Hope this helps. Good luck in chosing a camera! Here are some various photos I've taken with my different cameras, not the greatest way to compare cameras considering the lighting was different in almpst all photos, but it'll give you a general idea: http://photobucket.com/albums/v477/CyberShotNut/
Old Sep 26, 2004, 12:48 PM   #4

ok, thx for the info,

but i want to know how bad the T1 compared to the W1 ??

cauese here in my place there is an offer that i could get a T1 as the same price as the W1

and the t1 size and model are more appealling tome than the W1

but how bad is this T1??

please help me , thx.

and also what is the features that different between the W1 and the P100 ?

which one isa better buy ?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:26 AM   #5

I have an F828 and a T1 that I bought because I wanted a pocket camera. I sold my Canon S50 to a friend to buy the T1 and am sorry i did. The S50 took awesome photos. The T1, although also a 5 megapixel, is very poor by comparison. It does a lousy job auto focusing especially in low light. I find one out of a dozen shots to be useable. The best thing I can say about the T1 is it looks great and is extreemly pocketable, so I always have a camera on me when I need one. Sometimes I feel my cell phone takes better pictures. So, unless you have a need for something this small, like you're a secret agent or something, compromise on size and go for something that takes better photos. That's what it's all about really.
RicKaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:17 AM   #6

ok, i will not buy the "sexy" T1 then

but when it comes to W1 and P100 or even P150 , which one will u suggest me to get ??
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:26 AM   #7

Sorry, I can only opine about cameras I've actually used. From my limited perspective, a good comprimise between size and picture quality is the Canon.
RicKaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:13 PM   #8

Well, it's really personal preference between the P100 and W1, both of them give me about the same results in photo quality. The P150 is the identical camera as the P100 with a 7.2 megapixel sensor. If you need the extra resolution, go for the P150, if not, the 7.2 megapixels will only waste your memory and money...
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:51 AM   #9

Hello!

My mane is Alex Stoicia, I'm from Bucharest Romania. Plase help me with this:

I have a SONY DSC V1 camera and I want to know if yours behave in the same way or just mine is defective.

Try this little test with your DSC V1:
1. Go in a room with very low light.
2. Put the camera on A mode. Select 2.8 aperture. The camera will select 8 sec shutter speed (longest in A mode).
3. Put then the camera in manual (M) mode. Select 2.8 aperture. Select 8 sec exposure. My camera EV deviation will say that the picture will be overexposed (!!??).

For the same light condition, in A mode the camera will select for aperture 2.8 -8 sec exposure, and then, in M mode it says that 2,8 and 8 sec it will overexpose the picture. It is contradicting itself.

This is hapening only in very low light. In normal light the cameraindications from all the modes (PASM) are in concordance.

Does your camera behave in the same way in low light?

Thank you very much, Alex Stoicia

salex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:22 PM   #10

Wow, interesting... Mine does the same thing. In M mode at f2.8 an 8 sec. shutter shows +2.0ev no matter how little light there is. At 7 sec it shows +1.7ev, 5 sec: +1.3ev, 4 sec: +1.0ev.....and so on. I wonder if Sony would have an answer for that???