Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:50 AM   #11
blr

OCJohn wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking about dumping (returning) my W1 for a 100 or 150. You may be able to answer some questions I had, for instance: the P150 came out five months or so after the P100, and Steve's review highlights software and processing that allows for faster start up and picture taking -- is that your experience? Is the 150 worth the extra money (assuming you don't need the extra megapixels)?

Thanks for the comparison post...

John.
IMO you wont notice any image quality difference between W1 and P100, the only differences between the two is the form factor, screen size and battery. If you really need a smaller cam go for it, otherwize the larger screen and the AA battery of W1 are a plus
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:17 AM   #12

rg7 wrote:
Quote:
Wow, where do you get the money for all these cameras!?
(Don't take this the wrong way, I'm the same, I prefer buying techonology.)

I think he saves money off not buying furniture. How old is that furniture? They're antiques.
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:30 AM   #13

Would you mind to do some more tests?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Those were very interesting! looking forward for some more pictures !

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"good job.
george_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:58 AM   #14

Missing Feature on P150 that P100 has !!!!!
You CANNOT save a enlarged or cropped image on the P150 but
you CAN on the P100. See page 63 of manual. Of course you
can do this on a computer BUT it's great to be able to do
it in the field. Because of this MISSING feature I'm considering returning the P150 and getting a P100.
I wish SONY had include this feature in the P150.

Steve's reviews, although technical, correct do NOT emphasis the difference between the two cameras on this point so
I missed it before buying the P150.
tuatara50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 7:51 PM   #15

Wow tuatara50is absolutely correct. I never realized that. After you zoom in, the P100 gives you the trimming option when you press the menu button. The P150 does nothing when you press it... Weird that they would leave that feature out!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:15 AM   #16

OCJohn wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking about dumping (returning) my W1 for a 100 or 150. You may be able to answer some questions I had, for instance: the P150 came out five months or so after the P100, and Steve's review highlights software and processing that allows for faster start up and picture taking -- is that your experience? Is the 150 worth the extra money (assuming you don't need the extra megapixels)?

Thanks for the comparison post...

John.

Actually I've had both the p100 and the w1 and the w1 did have better image quality! Many sites say they are "cousins" same camera, but they aren't completely the same in image quality. I took both cameras, and took the exact pictures, under exact circumstances and the W1 had a slightly better picture. Some may not notice, but I'm picky and I noticed. The P100 was so nice to carry though. Very easy to carry, it fit perfectly in the palm of my hand, kind of like holding a handle-bar on a bicycle.

But the P150 does have slightly better picture quality than the W1 and you will notice the difference if you enlarge your prints.
kski is offline   Reply With Quote