Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:02 PM   #1

I use another forum (I won't post this link, it's more for film ) and they've posted this. Can any of you guys lend a hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by core_17
I had a customer come into my store yesterday to get some digital prints made from her Sony Cybershot. When we printed them, some of them turned out really low quality, even though she had them on a high setting. When we looked further into it, we found that on some of them (not all) it would save twice, once normal sized, and once sized for email. I went through the settings on her camera, and there is a spot where you can set it for email or normal (there were other options too but I can't remember em) and it was on normal. Anyway...does anyone have this camera, and could anyone tell me how to get it to stop saving them for email??? I told her I'd look into it. Thanks!!!!
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:52 PM   #2

You need to find out what model camera it is. Some Sony cams (P92, P72, P8, P10) created small 320x240 files called .JPE files in addition to the standard .JPG files in the same folder. Other Sony cams (P71, P7, P9)created 320x240files in e-mail mode but put them in a totally different folder called IMCIF100 and saved them as .JPG files. In order for the camera to create these smaller files it must be set to e-mail mode, so someone probably had it turned on at some point. Just search all the folders, I'm sure you will find the larger files you are looking for.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:43 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I've passed it on.

Cool avatar. :lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote