Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:43 PM   #1

I can get this camera for $180.00. I am still on a search to buy a digital camera and I found this one, for the price it sounds very good but I don't know how good a picture quality it gets. The reviews are good, but what do owners of this camera have to say. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
jrdnsrnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 4:54 PM   #2

I think the P72 is the best camera you will find for that price. It's obviously not a pro camera, but for everyday snapshots it's great. I no longer own the P72 but I never had any complaints about it when I had it. Here is a sample from the P72 when I had it a few months ago:
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2004, 6:56 AM   #3

I've got the P72, didn't like the picture quality. IMO the P73 is a much better choice.
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 1:02 PM   #4

I was pretty happy with it for 9 months until few days ago it died on me. Basically it now is alive, but has "low vision" as if it was much darker than it actually is. I guess something has happened to the CCD or circutry. Initially it was totally dark and later (it seems) it started to see better, but still much darker than it should. I will wait a few more days to see if by any chance it will fully recuperate :-).... On amazon I also saw a number of people complain about reliability of this camera - check that out.
fedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 1:16 PM   #5

Salutes to all. Beautiful the photography; I would want to buy the Sony P100 or P120; for your experience they are good blots some? I wish a your council. Hello to all
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:49 AM   #6

P72 is a very good camera for it's price. I used it several times and never had any problems. I think it's picture quality isone of the bests among it's rivals.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 5:39 AM   #7

fedork wrote:
Quote:
On amazon I also saw a number of people complain about reliability of this camera - check that out.

i have been usin this camera for bout a year now , and it is yet workin amazin

good pic , has a fast start up and shot - shot time (my main reason to buy this camera) it is also pretty sturdy/durable. the only problems i had wid this camera was that the reds were too bright , but all the sonys have the same problem , but overall an amazin camera . the price ya gettin for it is also pretty good , i would suggest ya go n check the camera out
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:55 PM   #8

aman wrote:
Quote:
has a fast start up and shot - shot time (my main reason to buy this camera)
i beg to differ... the P72 takes ages between shots when you use flash.
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote