Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 3, 2004, 2:22 AM   #1

Hello to everyone...

Cause i'm a proud owner of an "old" Sony DSC F707 and I'd like to upgrade to the DSC F828 would like to know if I'm doin a wrong step or is this suggested.

What I'm talkin about ... are there maybe some issues like in the past with the 707 sindromes (BFS) or so on?
thanks a lot to every suggestion.

you can send a Mail also to [email protected]

Claude
claudio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:23 PM   #2

I've had my F828 for about 6 months now and love it !. I'm no pro but I don't see any of the issues they talk about like purple fringe etc. I added a few things like... a 512MB pro stick , 4 GB micro drive and just bought a HVL-F32X flash. It's a very well made camera and the price is starting to drop as all do after they have been out awhile. I got lucky the other day and got a shot of a Stelth , it was kind of far away .....but....
Attached Images

duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:33 PM   #3

Another Stelth pic.....Gotta be quick....lol
Attached Images

Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:46 PM   #4

Duke,

I'd like to hear what you think about your new HVL-F32X flash. I'm considering it for my Sony V3. Can you tell any difference in your indoor shots that the distance from the subject is less than 8ft or so away from the camera. Or, is the internal flash just as good until you are greater than what the internal flash is capable of reaching. Also, when you have the HVL-F32X flash attached is it using the laser-assisted auto focus or does it use the IR assisted bulb that is on the HVL-F32X flash. Thanks!

By the way nice shots of the stealth!
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:42 AM   #5

stallen wrote:
Quote:
Duke,

I'd like to hear what you think about your new HVL-F32X flash. I'm considering it for my Sony V3. Can you tell any difference in your indoor shots that the distance from the subject is less than 8ft or so away from the camera. Or, is the internal flash just as good until you are greater than what the internal flash is capable of reaching. Also, when you have the HVL-F32X flash attached is it using the laser-assisted auto focus or does it use the IR assisted bulb that is on the HVL-F32X flash. Thanks!

By the way nice shots of the stealth!
I think it made a big difference from what I can tell. I've only shot one pic to try it and it really turned out nice. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. I don't think you will go wrong with the flash. The flash tilts up so you can bounce off ceiling to get rid of shadows behind subject. I bought mine on ebay for $135.00 . A shop in Az. (Cell phones 4 cheap) had 26 new in sealed box of them for sale. It did not come with batteries and from what I have read it eats batteries fast....so I bought the Energizer rechargeable NiMH 2300mAh.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 12:32 PM   #6

Great! Thanks for the response! I will probably get it sometime before the holidays. Again does it use the IR lamp for auto-focus or the laser-focus in camera. The reason I ask is because at one point I was considering the Canon G6, but when using the canon external flash the IR auto-focus bulb is disabled, so basically you are forced to use manual focus.
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 1:14 PM   #7

stallen wrote:
Quote:
Great! Thanks for the response! I will probably get it sometime before the holidays. Again does it use the IR lamp for auto-focus or the laser-focus in camera. The reason I ask is because at one point I was considering the Canon G6, but when using the canon external flash the IR auto-focus bulb is disabled, so basically you are forced to use manual focus.
Here's what the manual says.... With it's AF illuminator function the auto focus works even in dark locations.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:25 PM   #8

stallen wrote:
Quote:
I have the F828 and HVL-F32X flash. The flash allows you to selecteither its own IR lamp or the in-camera laser focus light, so yes you have the option of using either one. Also, I use Energizer Photo Lithium batteries in my flash. They are expensive but seem to last an eternity.
Glen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 9:27 PM   #9

I GOT THE F828 WHEN MINE SON WAS BORN THIS PAST JAN. FOR A DIGITAL

CAMERA THE COLOR IS FANTASTIC. WITH THE F32X FLASH THE INDOOR PICS. ARE EVEN BETTER. I USED TO HAVE A CANON S20 DIGITAL CAMERA (3.2MP) THE SONY WINS HANDS DOWN.

I USED TO SHOOT WITH A NIKON N90S FILM CAMERA, NO MORE ITS DIGITAL ALL THE

WAY FOR ME.
digital demon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 10:13 PM   #10

Hi every body

Compactflash ???:??

I just move from Canon g2 to a sony 828 ' i point out this is a fanstatic camera, it can work with a commercially external flash not like Canon they need ETTL flash,i likeit has very fast autofocus even in dark (compare to CANON )MY my question is:which compactflash could I use for record afinevideo quality ?or only Microdrive ??

Chikeang

chikeang is offline   Reply With Quote