Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 4, 2004, 9:02 PM   #1

I just received the Kata C-54 camera case from adorama.com. I think it is probably the perfect case for the camera. I wanted a quality case that fit snug. It has some shock resistant qualities (top and front are semi-hard) and water resistant qualities that I wanted. It's a really nice looking case as well.

When I first put my V3 in the case I was concerned it might be too tight of a fit, but inside the main compartment is a card that can hold four AA bateries and it is attached to the inside by an elastic strap. Since the V3 doesn't take AA's, I cut the elastic strap thus removing the AA card holder which allows a little more room. The camera is still a snug fit... just right! The Kata C-54 won't hold anything but the camera and maybe a memory stick in the lid or back mesh pocket. I like this case better than lowepro. Here's where I bought mine if anyone wants to have a look...
http://www.adorama.com/KAC54.html?se...ata&item_no=28

If you want something larger than the C-54 then check out the C-56 which will hold the camera and external flash (or small camcorder), along with mini tripod, spare batteries, memory sticks... Anyone who is looking for quality bags should give Kata a look!
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:09 PM   #2

Try Lowepro's D-Res-25 AW.

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Came...Res_25_AW.aspx

They say it is a 'best fit' for the V3..or at least a 'best fit' for cameras of that size. It has a built-in all weather 'raincoat' to keep the V3 dry (in the case) during a downpour.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 8:01 PM   #3

I checked out the Lowepro's D-Res-25 AW. It is the "best fit" for the V3 in the Lowepro line, just like the Kata C-54 is the "best fit" for the V3 in the Kata line. I just liked Kata better... personal preference.

I also got one of the Roadwired RAPS to try out. They are kinda nice to just wrap your stuff up with to provide protection from dust and moisture. I'm going to get a few more to wrap up things like battery chargers and flashes. Have a look... http://www.roadwired.com/store/Product.cfm?Productid=60
(they can be found cheaper at adorama)
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:52 PM   #4

I found a case from Digital Concepts (Model HL-12)that the V3 fits perfectly in. An extra battery, memory stickand/or CF card also fits in the front pouch.The best part about itis that it was only $3.99 at Big Lots.
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:31 PM   #5

But will it fit with the VAD-VHA adapter ring in place? You need the adapter to attach any filters or any of the accessory lenses and you don't want to have to be taking it off everytime you put it in the case.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:15 PM   #6

Hmmm, not sure. I don't have any lenses yet for the camera, but there is about 1/2" to spare. Depends how far the adapter ring protrudes from the front of the camera.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:21 PM   #7

I have it in my hand right now and it extends farther than the lens when it opens so that is about 1.25"
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:55 AM   #8

i need a backpack, for 1x (or mabye 2x) slr and 1x sony V3 + cables, cards and stuff..., as small as possible, and if possible waterproof (at least to some extent), any ideas?
smok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 8:10 PM   #9

I would check out what Kata has to offer: (after you click on the link below then click "products" in the column on the left then click the "Kata" logo)
http://www.bogenimaging.us/dealers/index.php3
They have just about anything even a professional would ever need. Most of this stuff can be found a adorama.com at fairly reasonable prices.