Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 7, 2004, 2:11 AM   #1

Hello, im a noob with digital cameraand i just want to know few things about sony w1 , first is it ok to leave the batteries in all the time ? i don't use the camera much so batteries are in there for a while , another question is that i don't use the software it came with is it ok to plug the camera and go directly the usb drive that appears,right clickthe pics from the there copy or cut and paste and is it ok to right click and delete them from windows usb drive that appears when u connect it.

another thing i want to know is whats the best batteries that last long and if any battery can be put in the charger ex. 2500 .

i just point and shoot to do the pictures any settings that i need to do will be much apreciatted thanks. sorry about my english i know is not that great!

gosther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:41 AM   #2
blr

gosther wrote:
Quote:
Hello, im a noob with digital cameraand i just want to know few things about sony w1 , first is it ok to leave the batteries in all the time ? i don't use the camera much so batteries are in there for a while , another question is that i don't use the software it came with is it ok to plug the camera and go directly the usb drive that appears,right clickthe pics from the there copy or cut and paste and is it ok to right click and delete them from windows usb drive that appears when u connect it.

another thing i want to know is whats the best batteries that last long and if any battery can be put in the charger ex. 2500 .

i just point and shoot to do the pictures any settings that i need to do will be much apreciatted thanks. sorry about my english i know is not that great!

It is Ok to leave your batteries in the camera. Mind only that NiMH self discharge slowly and the camera draws some small amount of current even when powered off, so if you haven't used the camera for a while (say a month or longer) you may need to put them in the charger and top them off before use. You can useother cells in your charger. I use mostly Sanyo cells, branded as Kodak or Sony. The 2300 mAh oneswork very well.

About image transfer, it's fully OK to copy images exactly as you described. I usually erase image from the camera instead from Windows though.

About settings, you can find some discussions here and at the imafing-resource.com forum. In short most people use the W1 in P-mode as opposed to fully auto mode with ISO set to 100 and focus set to center. If you don't want to sharpen your images afterwards it is good to set the sharpness to + in the camera too.

hope this helps

blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 1:26 PM   #3

blr thanks for that information sure now u help me a lot , clear as crystal now

Old Nov 7, 2004, 1:46 PM   #4

blr sorry to ask u butwhat about the flash? its on normal by default should i put to + and always use it in that maximum settings? or is there anything bad that can happens like flash die or something ? and isn't the 2500 batteries the stronger ones that last a lot hours ? btw i did the settings u told me! i hope i you keep posting settings and stuff about this camera i will always looks for new things to learn about it i have the 1 gb sandisk memory works great. thanks a lot again.

in P mode there is not flash, or i just needed the P mode to do the settings and the put it back to camera mode ? sorry i don't know anything about cameras its the my first one all ur help is appreciatted!

Old Nov 7, 2004, 2:02 PM   #5

lol never mind camera just flashed in P mode w000ttttt thanks again