Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:33 PM   #21

How does the m1 function in low light situations?

Thanks!
charman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 1:03 PM   #22

Hi, can anyone tell me what the startup time is on these final purchase models?

I saw some previews with the early production models that reported 5s on the startup ... slow ...
pl804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 9:55 PM   #23

pl804 - I read the same previews and was pleased to find that the production model has a much faster start time. By the time I've swiveled the monitor out and twisted it around to face me it's ready to take a picture or video.Using the time-honored "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi" method Icalculate start time to beno more than 2 seconds.

charman123 - If by "low light" you mean indoors then low light performance is good. I've been veryhappy with videosshot indoorseven at night with no more illumination then normal room lighting.

The only bad thing I can say about this camera is that an extra battery is almost mandatory since the M1 really drains them. I boughtan extra from sonystyle.com, also ordered the carrying case but that's backordered right now.
bigduke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 3:18 AM   #24

Hey fellas 1st post. I too just picked up an M1. Im only on page 40 of the manual. Does anyone kno if a 1GB duo will work on this model? My buddy has an older sony camera which only takes up to 256mb mem stick. Thanks
indoinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 6:16 PM   #25

indoinside wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone kno if a 1GB duo will work on this model?
That's a good question, since information from Sony is contradictory. The M1 spec says "Tested to support up to 512MB media capacity." But the 1 GB High Speed Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media spec includes the M1 on their compatibility chart.

Guess we won't be sure until someone gives it a try.
saronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 6:30 PM   #26

Just got my M1 2 days ago with a 1gb duo card and it works well. Did a video with the included 32mb card and it was choppy. With the 1gb High speed duo card it is a lot smoother.

Any one know how to burn MP4 onto DVD format.

Fred Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 7:39 PM   #27

wow! 1gb ms pro duo? must cost u an arm and a leg. is black the only color this camera comes in? Great video from a digital camera. Too rich for me, stick with my a85.
TJLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 3:38 AM   #28

Fred Flintstone wrote:
Quote:
Just got my M1 2 days ago with a 1gb duo card and it works well. Did a video with the included 32mb card and it was choppy. With the 1gb High speed duo card it is a lot smoother.

Any one know how to burn MP4 onto DVD format.

Cool thx bud, i guess i should buy the High Speed then. I found the regular 1GB duo for $160. http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...pno~651408.asp Haven't research the best price for High Speed yet
indoinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 3:04 PM   #29

Henrys.com has them for http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...;storeId=10001

Fred Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:51 PM   #30

Anyone here have any reservations about this camera? I'm in the market for a good, all around digital camera...the video mode is a true plus...compact size is essential and if I want to capture my golf swing, an easy way to view frame by frame would be nice...

Everyone here is talking about the video mode...how's the digital pic. quality, ease, function, etc??

I'm deciding between this camera, the T1, and the Olympus 410...why the 410? Because it is small and easy to stuff into a pocket...it is also water-resistant...I ski and would love to catch an occasional picture (or video)...I realize the M1 is a lot more functional...is it worth it? I don't think I'll be taking too many videos in the rain/snow anyway, and, even still, I'm sure the case is built pretty well? Plus, I'll keep it in a water-resistant case when I ski...

The M1 is both excellent in video and with pics? Any problems with flimsy plastic parts that could break easily? Overall rating from those who have...please...

Thanks,

Headless
the-headless_horseman is offline   Reply With Quote