Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 28, 2004, 9:36 AM   #1

I read that Sony Dsc-t1 had poor indoor and poor low-light performance , resulting in very dark andblurry shots in such circumstances.

What about Sony P-150? Are the things better?

If you dont bother and if you know you could also tell me where i can find some P-150 video samples.

thanks , im waiting for your answers.
george_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2004, 9:58 AM   #2
Administrator

George:

Since you cross posted the same questions in multiple forums, I moved the post from the What Camera Should I Buy Forum (leaving a redirect), deleting the other posts. That way, if someone clicks on the post title in the What Camera should I Buy forum, it will go to the same thread in the Sony forum (now this one).

This way, you'll have all responses in one thread.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:09 AM   #3
Administrator

george_ wrote:
Quote:
I read that Sony Dsc-t1 had poor indoor and poor low-light performance , resulting in very dark andblurry shots in such circumstances.
George,you must use the flashindoors with a subcompact camera if you are not using a tripod. Otherwise, you'll get motion blurfrom camera shake (and if you're taking photos of a moving subject, a tripod won't help -- you'll need the flash).

This will apply to virtually all subcompact models (not just the T1).

You must also stay within the stated flash range. With the T1, that's a very short range (around 6 feet).

Quote:
What about Sony P-150? Are the things better?
It's flash range is better (around 12.5 feet at wide angle, dropping down to around 8 feet or so at full zoom). But, if you don't use the flash (and stay within the flash range), you'll have the same problems (motion blur from camera shake or subject movement without the flash, or dark photos if you're outside of the flash range when using flash).

You can increase ISO speed to a higher value if you want to try taking photos without a flash or tripod. But, you'll probably need to stay at wide angle -- not using any zoom, and you'll need a very still subject (otherwise, you're back to getting motion blur again). Indoor lighting is not as bright as you think to a camera's lens. Increasing ISO speed also increase noise levels (but it's probably not as bad on the new DSC-P150, compared to some other models).

Quote:
If you dont bother and if you know you could also tell me where i can find some P-150 video samples.
See the sample photos section in the review here. In the next to the last row, you'll see a thumbnail that is a link to a movie:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...0_samples.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote