Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:22 PM   #1

1.Well, I'm new to this bored, but it looks pretty neat. Anyways. I have a Sony DCR-HC30 miniDV camcorder and I use Sony Picture Package to download my videos. When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize the empty CD-R.

I have two disc drives (one CD-R/DVD-R & CDROM/DVDROM)...so it is possible it could be reading the wrong drive? I hope you understood my problem, any help would be appreciated.

2. In SPP, is there anyway to just download the video onto my computer, without all the added affects (as they do in auto-video producer)

Jad:?
Jadabiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:57 AM   #2

Jadabiman wrote:
Quote:
1.Well, I'm new to this bored, but it looks pretty neat. Anyways. I have a Sony DCR-HC30 miniDV camcorder and I use Sony Picture Package to download my videos. When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize the empty CD-R.

I have two disc drives (one CD-R/DVD-R & CDROM/DVDROM)...so it is possible it could be reading the wrong drive? I hope you understood my problem, any help would be appreciated.

2. In SPP, is there anyway to just download the video onto my computer, without all the added affects (as they do in auto-video producer)

Jad:?
1. I don't think it's possible that it could be reading the wrong drive. Have you tried putting a blank in both drives? Try unplugging the DVDROM drive. Is your burner set to Master?

2. No, SPP sux to say the least. Windows Movie Maker will let you dump just the video on your PC.
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:59 PM   #3

Well, it has only taken a year to figure out...Sony Picture Package is JUNK. We finally found a program that will not only Stream the video, but it will make DVD's!!! from the Sony hc-20 mini dv. We are using the Nero Elite version. It Streams the video in whatever time you have recorded on your video,ie...60 minute tape transfers in 60 minutes. You can then burn to a DVD burner using the Nero as well. It takes 20 minutes! We have been sooo frustrated with SOny and their lack of response to their picture PAckage problems and talking to people who can't fix a prgram that never worked to begin with. So, save yourself the hours of annoyance trying to figure it out. Uninstall picture package and use Nero for all your video needs. it is GREAT! You can view the DVD's on most dvd players. We have a cheap DVD player at home and they don't play, however, they play great on our portable DVD player. Take note, that goes for any DVD you burn. They only play on certain players that can read them...

Anyhow, it works and now we can store our video files on DVD and reuse the tapes...

Sony ought to give their customers a refund...

Fingirl
fingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:01 PM   #4

The rpoblem is with Sony Picture PAckage. It doesn't work and SOny still hasn't fixed the kinks. See my reply under Fingirl for a program that works...

Fingirl

fingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:07 AM   #5

Sony Picture Package is useless ...

I use Pinnacle Studio for all my non-professional DVD video production needs... right now, since version 10 is out, 9 was selling at Circuit City locally last week for $39, and Studio 10 at $69. Does an outstanding job from start to finished product. It works with all popular formats, including VCD.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 5:34 PM   #6

Hello out there! I have a steam-driven Sony mini Digital Handycam DCR PC5E that was invented and sold without any software whatsoever. I have a house full of tapes yet to be converted to disc. Have noticed that many talk of the Sony Picture Package Software which is fairly idiot-proof so should suit me.

If anyone has a copy of a recent versionthey could send me I would be so grateful to see if I could create some much needed drawer-space! My e-mail is:

[email protected]

Tanku :idea:
uncannycammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:36 AM   #7

Quote:
1. I have a Sony DCR-HC30 miniDV camcorder and I use Sony Picture Package to download my videos. When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize the empty CD-R.i have checked on the PPackage web site, the package supports my CD-R/W drive but even then i am not able to make VCD. Plz suggest
Quote:

neetu_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:36 AM   #8

Quote:
1. I have a Sony DCR-HC30 miniDV camcorder and I use Sony Picture Package to download my videos. When I try to make a VCD, it says "please insert a writeable CD-R disc" or "the target drive is empty". While the other programs recognize the empty CD-R.i have checked on the PPackage web site, the package supports my CD-R/W drive but even then i am not able to make VCD. Plz suggest
Quote:

neetu_z is offline   Reply With Quote