Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:37 PM   #1

I've been using my new V1 for just a few days and I havea concernthat I would like to bounce off you other V1 owners... I happen to notice that the lens-barrel wobbles somewhatwhen I gently try to move it side-to-side (I have not dropped or jarred the camera in any way, so that's not the cause).

Should I try toexchange it for another V1 or is this in fact not a problem? I'd sure appreciate some feedback onthis! :?
35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:13 PM   #2

It's not a problem at all, mine does the same thing, I can even hear the lens rattlingin MPEG videos when moving the camera around. Even the new V3 lens rattles a little, but you don't hear it as much because the black paint on the lens muffles the sound.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LensRattleV1.zip (94.0 KB, 113 views)
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:37 PM   #3

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
It's not a problem at all, mine does the same thing, I can even hear the lens rattlingin MPEG videos when moving the camera around. Even the new V3 lens rattles a little, but you don't hear it as much because the black paint on the lens muffles the sound.
Well you're 'the bible' when it comes to Sony digicams, so I'll accept what you say and 'live with it'. But I've got to tell you that with all of the 35mm cameras I've owned, I've never seen that kind of playin the lens-barrel (nor heard that sound)! :shock:
35mm is offline   Reply With Quote