Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:07 AM   #11

The 2005 International Consumer Electronics show is on in Las Vegas right now to January 9 and they are annoucing some digital cameras, like the new Sony P200, the Sony T33 and the Kodak Easy Share One camera.

Very cool cameras coming!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 11:41 PM   #12

The Consumer Electronics show said today that along with the new P200 and T33 announced there, Sony is also bringing out 5 new models to be announced next month from Pro to Fully Automatic digital cameras. So I guess there is an F828 replacement coming.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 5:01 PM   #13

I just sold my F828 on ebay for $912.00 ... not bad... but had some extras like Sony bag , 3 batteries , 256 pro stick and 4GB micro drive. I'm happy with the sale. I'm just going to keep my V3 for time being... should be all I need for now. I'm interested to see what Sony offers next to replace the F828 , I'm sure everyone is.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:14 AM   #14

Hey Duke,

that's great! You sold it for such a high price! I once bought a 1MP Digital Camera at Wal-Mart for $35, and posted it on eBay for a dollar and I sold it for $102 U.S.

When I've had Sony cameras, I've always been able to sell it at a high price.

I hope I can sell my F828 for a fair price on eBay. I just don't want to sell it until I know what new model is coming out from Sony.

Ahh the wait is killing me!!!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:26 PM   #15

kski wrote:
Quote:
Hey Duke,

that's great! You sold it for such a high price! I once bought a 1MP Digital Camera at Wal-Mart for $35, and posted it on eBay for a dollar and I sold it for $102 U.S.

When I've had Sony cameras, I've always been able to sell it at a high price.

I hope I can sell my F828 for a fair price on eBay. I just don't want to sell it until I know what new model is coming out from Sony.

Ahh the wait is killing me!!!
The only thing is when Sony comes out with a replacement for the F828 the price is going to drop on the F828 , that's why I sold mine now hoping to get a decent price for it. From what I've read here Sony quit making the F828 .....so you can guess what's going to happen. I hope thereplacement is a good one, which I'm sure it will be.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:38 AM   #16

The F828 is an excellent camera, the only things that ever stopped me from buying one is the nasty purple fringing and excessive noise. If they make a similar camera with those 2 problems resolved, I would love to get it.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:26 AM   #17

I've taken over 300 pictures in bright light and night time too and haven't seen any purple fringing at all. I've heard other people say that too who've taken even more photos than I have.

As for the noise, I can see very little on my computer screen but when I have my photos printed 17 X 20 there still is absolutely no noise at all! I had the V3 also and I found the noise on that incredibly bad on the indoor photos. That's why I exchanged it for the f828 and I love it. No complaints here......but I still would love a camera just like the 828 but with Sony's newer technology like the real imaging processor. The V3 was blazingly fast! It focused and took the picture practically as soon as my finger touched the shutter button.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:04 AM   #18

I am a professional photographer. And I've taken somewhere between 5000 and 10000 shots with the F828.

And, although I swear by the camera, it definitely has major CA problems. I do a lot of landscapes. If you want to check out purple fringing, take a picture through the branches of a tree up into a bright sky. You'll see whole areas gone purple. Now, there are adjustments you can do with aperture, etc. to minimize it, but it's definitely more prevalent than it should be.

As for the noise issue, well.... that's definitey an issue. I had to shoot a bunch of photos as ISO 400 (800 is unusable, in my opinion) when shooting First Night on an assignment December 31st. Many pictures were taken within theaters and other dim venues.

The results came out fine, but only after many hours with Noise Ninja and Photoshop. I'd love to get a clean picture right in the camera, and I'm hoping the next version of the F828 will do that. Sony has been very responsive, with each camera from the F505 to the F828 adding features and improvements requested by its customers - so I'm pretty confident they will continue that tradition.

Also, some improvements in the lens structure so that adaptor lenses can be safely added.

A. A. Katz

www.luminouseye.com
aakalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:37 PM   #19

Hey your website is cool! Nice going!

Just to clear something up, when I said I've seen no CA or purple fringe in any of my pics, that doesn't mean that I don't believe what some have experienced. I'm just saying that I have never seen it in any of my pictures at all! It seems by reading other people's comments that if it is present, it would only be in about 1% of all photos taken. Just the kind of picture you described, taking a picture through trees in bright sunlight, well how many people take a picture like that? Not me, it's not interesting to me. I like colorful things. I like vibrant things in life, and that is what I portray in my photos. As for the few who do take pics in that kind of situation who are experiencing problems, I'm sure Sony has heard it and they do want to sell cameras, which they are in the millions of dollars worth, that they will fix these issues in their successive cameras.

As for me, with the 828 I love it! I've never seen pictures so good from any camera I've owned, whether it was digital or SLR.

But I still want the new one!!! I like keeping up to date with technology and the F828 is about 1.5 years old. :-)
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:52 PM   #20

Certainly one of the best of sony...

Even with some small problem... personaly, I manage well ans stop complaint about all these and make a very good friend from this camera...

more than 15000 shots and very few who can't be fixed or printed

I use my f-707 too! (5%)

lebororo

http://www.pbase.com/lebororo

rjoyon is offline   Reply With Quote