Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 1, 2005, 7:10 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a Sony Mavica camera, model no. MVC-FD100. It is about 3 years old, and has taken a lot of pictures. Recently, it has developed an intermittent problem. SOme pictures come out dark, and out of focus. When the bad picture happens, I can take another picture of the same scene, and it will be ok.

Any idea what the problem might be? Is there anything mechanical that can wear out on this camera?

Thanks!!

Bob Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2005, 7:32 PM   #2

It's hard to say what the problem might be. There is a mechanism inside the lens that controls the focus which may be sticking. I have seen lots of problems especially with the P51, where the shutter sticks shut and the pictures come out black, but this doesn't sound like the problem you are having. 3 years is a pretty good life for a camera with heavy use. The FD100 and FD200 have recently been discontinued, but if you liked the camera alot, I'm sure you can find a new one on ebay. Or maybe it's time for an upgrade...
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 8:24 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply!!!

I did find the FD200 on 17th St. Photo's website for sale. But, I'll probably do an upgrade. Thanks to this forum, I am considering the Nikon D70.

Old Jan 2, 2005, 9:21 PM   #4

Wow, that's quite an upgrade. Almost like going from a Kia to a Lexus! Good luck with whatever you decide on...
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:47 PM   #5

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
Wow, that's quite an upgrade. Almost like going from a Kia to a Lexus! Good luck with whatever you decide on...

Thanks again....I ordered the D70 "2 lense package" from 17th St. Photo today....
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:38 AM   #6

I received my Nikon D70 yesterday, WOW, what a camera!!!!!! I have a lot to learn with it, but just the few pictures I've taken with it in "AUTO" mode are impressive!!