Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:22 AM   #21

aeplumly wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kazaan,
I tried the P150 for about 5 days, taking mainly indoor shots. I didn't have a chance to take any outdoor pictures.

old sony dsc-s70 (3.3 mp). I thought the P150's shots were much better (and I love my s70). Overall I was very pleased. I only decided to return it because the P200 was announced 3 days after I bought it! I am a fan of the bigger LCD on the P200, so it's worth the wait.

I hope that is of some help to you! If you have any specific questions, please let me know!

Does anyone know when in February it will be available?

Thanks!
Ashley

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for the wonderful reply!
Thats was the reply I was hoping...P150 rules!

And wow, with the P200 coming shortly, it would be nice to see how much P150 price drops since P200 might be priced at 400$.

I tried SD300 at Best Buys store. Its AoutFocus feature is not continuous and hance takes some time to hunt. Though its common in many ultra-compact digital cameras, I would like to know if P150 has this con too? Or is the focussing FLUID! ?

I went to the link you showed for P200. This caught my eye -->
"The only complaint I have is that this model (P200) does not have a continuous auto focus function, so it takes a moment or two to focus before a shot can be taken."
Does P200 inheret this from P150 or is it just in this model?

I am really glad to hear about the movie mode ability of P150. SD300 has extremely good movie mode though!

Thanks,
Kaz.
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:38 PM   #22

Does anyone know if the DSC-P200 can accept a 2gb memory stick? I read somewhere that the max memory stick that the P200 can accept is 1GB. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
thebanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:43 PM   #23

Yes, the 2GB stick will work just fine in the P200.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:25 PM   #24

On digitalcamerainfo.com it says the P200 will be available in February in Europe only. Does anyone know if that is true? I haven't seen that claim anywhere else--I hope it's not true! And if it is, I wonder when it will available in the states....
aeplumly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:00 PM   #25

I read somewhere that it will be available in the U.S.A. and Europe in February. The show where Sony announced the camera was in Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A., so it would make sense that it would be available in the U.S. at the same time. But then again, Sony sometimes delays the release of cameras. So who knows....

Sorry, Kazaan, I just saw your post now. I had the P100. It was great. It was supposed to be just like the W1, but I also had the W1 and I thought ittook slightly better pictures. Instead of the P100 though, I'd definitely get the P200. 7MP is a lot and it makes a difference!! Plus, Every new camera Sony comes out with, every successive generation of the same series type camera gets better and better!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:49 AM   #26

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has the idea of optical viewfinder's accuracy and the LCD's accuracy on Sony-P150/P200 models?

Thanks,
Kazaan.

kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:33 AM   #27

Imaging-resource measures these details in its reviews. For the P150, they say:

"The DSC-P150's optical viewfinder is quite tight, showing about 83 percent frame accuracy at wide angle, and about 81 percent at telephoto. The LCD monitor proved to be a little loose, showing just slightly more than 100 percent of the final image area. "

They have not reviewed the P200 yet butI would expect similar numbers.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:50 AM   #28

Meryl Arbing wrote:
Quote:
It looks like the P200 will also have an IR remote bundled in the box.
Can you give any further info on the source of this information? Is the camera to include an IR sensor or will it only accept commands only via the cradle?
fionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:40 AM   #29

The P200 is now priced on the Sony UK website, at GBP 299.00 . There's a "Buy on-line" link, but when you click it you're told the item is not currently in stock. Teasers. To give non-UK readers a basis for comparison, the P150 currently retails here for GBP 270-350.
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:47 PM   #30

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
I tried SD300 at Best Buys store. Its AoutFocus feature is not continuous and hance takes some time to hunt. Though its common in many ultra-compact digital cameras, I would like to know if P150 has this con too? Or is the focussing FLUID! ?

I went to the link you showed for P200. This caught my eye -->
"The only complaint I have is that this model (P200) does not have a continuous auto focus function, so it takes a moment or two to focus before a shot can be taken."
Does P200 inheret this from P150 or is it just in this model?
The Sony UK website says that both the P150 and P200 offer a choice of "Single" or "Monitoring" autofocus. Imaging Resource describes the P150's Monitoring AF thus:
"Monitoring mode constantly adjusts focus before the Shutter button is halfway depressed, which locks focus". I think that's the feature the reviewer was referring to, and the P200 apparently has it.
davej is offline   Reply With Quote