Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:41 PM   #31

People in Canada and the U.S.A. can also pre-order their P200 now!! At www.ecost.com and it's listed as: $394 U.S.

Here is the link: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=188546

Remember it's a pre-order. So it looks like it will be coming out in the U.S.A. in February. I think they also have the T33 up for pre-order.
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:42 PM   #32

According to the SOny press release:

"The bundled infrared remote controller intelligently commands the docked camera via the Cyber-shot Station to toggle between captured videos and still pictures. "

So, it appears to be in the cradle.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:07 PM   #33

kski wrote:
Quote:
People in Canada and the U.S.A. can also pre-order their P200 now!! At www.ecost.com and it's listed as: $394 U.S.

Here is the link: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=188546

Remember it's a pre-order. So it looks like it will be coming out in the U.S.A. in February. I think they also have the T33 up for pre-order.
Thanx for the link !!

Do you guys think it might be available around 350$ in 2-3 weeks from now at other online stores or like in circuit city?

SO WISH it was 350$ !! or atleast if they reduce Sony P150 to 300$

Kaz.
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:53 AM   #34

In the UK, Berridge now have the P200 priced at... drum roll... GBP 199 + VAT = 234. I have placed my order. Woo-hoo! I'm so glad I didn't go ahead and buy a P100 or P150, my indecision has paid off for once!
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:12 AM   #35

davej wrote:
Quote:
In the UK, Berridge now have the P200 priced at... drum roll... GBP 199 + VAT = 234. I have placed my order. Woo-hoo! I'm so glad I didn't go ahead and buy a P100 or P150, my indecision has paid off for once!
Congrats Dave !!
The first proud owner of the little marvel on this forum. 234GBP is awesome!!

Plz do fill in ur experiences as soon as possible

Shall join the gangs of P200 when deals become good in US.

If anyone finds a good deal out there in US plz post it
Kaz.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:27 AM   #36

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
Congrats Dave !!
The first proud owner of the little marvel on this forum. 234GBP is awesome!!
Thanks Kaz, but this may be a premature congratulation (don't you hate those?) - they're not in stock yet, I've been told they're expected a week or two into February. I gather that some of last year's Sony models ended up a couple of months after their announced launch date, so I'm not holding ny breath. Hope it's not long though, I want to take pics and vids of my little nephew and he's growing fast! However the P200 seems to be just a cosmetic upgrade to the P150 (if a 2-inch screen counts as cosmetic!) so there shouldn't be major production delays. I hope!

I'll keep you posted.

Dave
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 4:18 AM   #37

kazaan wrote:

Thanx for the link !!

Do you guys think it might be available around 350$ in 2-3 weeks from now at other online stores or like in circuit city?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you wait a little longer after the release then some stores might have it down to $369, but when I waited for the P100, the W1, and the V3 to price drop at Circuit City and Best Buy, it didn't go under Sony's suggested retail price for a long long time. I kept checking online. I find after about 2 months the price drops a lot. But don't mark my words!! Who knows what will happen this year with prices. The buzz on the Internet is, that prices will be a lot lower in 2005 for digital cameras.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:28 PM   #38

hey kski,

there is a photography show in orlando in feb ( i guess 18th-21st). Everyone is expecting many leading maufacturers to introduce many models in the event.

i wanted to buy a camera by end of Jan but I think I will wait till end of feb. hopefully there will be better models for lesser prices or atleast the better models from now will see a price drop :-)

if sony had slashed p150 to 300$ i wud have run for it right now :lol:

kaz
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:57 PM   #39

Available in Norway from Feb 16 for USD 429 + tax:
http://www.cshop.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:675618

In comparison, the same shop sells the P150 for USD 498 + tax: http://www.cshop.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:669835

But I need my camera this week, so I guess I'll have to settle for the P150.
thomasold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:23 AM   #40

Hey guys, if you click on the following link, it will take you to a site where they are selling the P200--the site is saying its in STOCK!! However, the going price is 399$

http://store.h1photo.com/h1photo2000/dscp200.html
thebanker is offline   Reply With Quote