Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:48 PM   #51

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
bhphotovideo.com says p200 has optical zoom viewfinder. Does that mean one can zoom in the viewfinder? and is it really true??
I assume they just mean that the optical viewfinder zooms as you zoom the lens, so that you see (roughly) the correct field of view. AFAIK any half-decent digicam with optical zoom and an optical viewfinder does this, though some of them apparently don't do it very accurately!
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:46 AM   #52

Yay!! The P-200 is now available!!! ..... at least in Canada.

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...th=32090n47385
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:09 AM   #53

hey kski...

the limited edition in black looks cool!
are u getting the p200?

kaz
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:29 AM   #54

I saw on shopper.com that the P-200 is available at butterflyphoto.com. I called them and it's true, they have it in stock. I find it odd though, because it's not available on sony.com until the 16th. Does anyone find that strange? I'm debating taking my chances and ordering from butterflyphoto.com, but i just find it weird that they would have it a week earlier than the manufacturer. Any thoughts?

Edit to add: It's actually available on several sites. I ordered it today from Butterfly Photo--I'm to impatient to wait until the 16th! They say it will ship out tomorrow or Thursday, so I'll let you all know when I get it and how I like it!
aeplumly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:17 AM   #55

aeplumly wrote:
Quote:
Edit to add: It's actually available on several sites. I ordered it today from Butterfly Photo--I'm to impatient to wait until the 16th! They say it will ship out tomorrow or Thursday, so I'll let you all know when I get it and how I like it!
Awesome !! Seems you will be the first one on this forum to own the camera

Good Luck !!

Kaz
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:50 PM   #56

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
Awesome !! Seems you will be the first one on this forum to own the camera
I've just been told by the dealer I ordered from (Berridge in UK):

"We have been informed that our supply will arrive before the end of this week. We will complete all outstanding orders then."

Attached Images

davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 5:03 PM   #57

Kazaan,

I'm waiting for the F828 replacement, but I am still wondering if I should buy the P200 too. It's so small (I had the P100), and I need a compact camera along with the huge camera I'm waiting for. So the P200 looks the best for a compact.

Imight get it. If at the PMA near the end of this month they don't announce plans for the replacement of the F828 then I will buy the P200.

I'll post my first pictures here if I do get one soon.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:30 AM   #58

Thats great dave !! It seems u will get the camera before the weekend so u can have a great weekend!

Question on the movie mode :
I saw on Steve's review that a 10sec in high resolution mode occupies 14Mb. That makes a 512Mb only 5 mins! Is there a way to post process the movie so that the file size is reduced? Or do we have to bear with the big file forever?
Just wondering if the camcorders also occupy the same size at same resolution and same tile length.

Thanks,
Kaz.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:57 AM   #59

Hi ,

Any idea if Sony upgraded its software over the last 8 months? Is it better or still the same?

Thanks,
Kaz
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:30 AM   #60

Hi Kazaan,

You get 6 minutes of movie in fine mode on a 512mb pro stick on the p200.

I found out the Sony stores here in Toronto have the P200 in stock and was going to run out and buy one today but my brother in Montreal beat me to it! He bought his yesturday! He's charging the battery overnight and told me he'd send me some pics today. I'll see if I can post some of his here.

He says it's really small and what's great is that it has a "window" that protects the LCD screen unlike the W1 I had.

I can't wait to see the pics and to see how fast it is!