Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:42 AM   #1

Default Viewfinder question from a new 707 user...

Well, I tried both, and decided the 707 was better for me. I really didn't like the photos I was getting with the 717, and now find that Sony is recalling those models. I may have been a bit premature in my decision, and hope I won't be sorry. :? BUT...the photos taken with the 707 are what got my attention, and since I'm not a great photographer, I really can't use a lot of features. They just confuse me. ~sigh~

However, having been accustomed to my Olympus 2100, I find my new 707 viewfinder hard to see through, in comparison. It never seems quite focused (even after adjustment), and the picture seems so "soft" that I have trouble seeing what I'm getting. I wear contacts, but that didn't seem to be a problem with my 2100. Could this just be my eyesight... my camera... or my imagination? Has anybody else had problems?
Inquiring eyes sure want to know... :?:

Thanks!

Pat
*Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2002, 11:14 AM   #2

have you tried adjusting the diopter controls at the top of the viewfinder?
freelans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2002, 3:09 PM   #3

Default 707 viewfinder problems

Thanks for the suggestions, freelans. Yes, I've fine-tuned the diopter as much as I can. At this point, I guess I should go try a couple of other cameras to be sure there isn't something wrong with mine. Or...maybe I need to send my eyes in for adjustment?

Pat
*Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:23 PM   #4

About a year ago I changed form an Olympus C-3000 to a Sony 707 and didn't notice any problem, in fact I think the viewer of the Sony is much better in low light conditions.
AntonioC is offline   Reply With Quote