Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:55 AM   #1

I personally don't recommend either of them because the specs are almost identical to the T1 which is the worst Sony camera I've ever owned. Indoor pictures are grainy and just overall terrible. But if anyone is interested, here is a picture of the spec. page from the manual. I circled the minor differences between the two...
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:24 PM   #2

hi there

im actually just about to buy a T3 for $518australia dollars. Im not a photography freak so i don't know whether i'll really notice the apparently grainy shots when used inside. I've also heard the flash is fairly bad but again, i probably won't notice.

This IS a considerable ammount of money and im wondering just how bad the indoor grainy problem is? im paying $518 which is roughly $370US. Do you think this is worth it? its brand new in box.

Basically im going to south east asia in less than a month, i want a discrete camera to carry in my pocket, which can also take video. Is there something blatently better i should buy?? the p150's look ok... and same with the nikon coolpix 4500 ... they are both much bigger tho.

what do you think?

Cheers for any help
wired00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:53 PM   #3

Well, I don't know too much about the Nikon, but the P100/P150 is only slightly larger than the T1/T3/T33, but I can guarantee you will get much better indoor photos with the P100/P150. The flash on the "T" series cameras is so weak that the camera has to boost up the ISO level in order to even capture any light in the photo, which gives you noisy/grainy indoor shots just about every time. Here is a comparison photo between the size of the P100 and T1. As you can see the T1 is not much smaller, just a bit thinner.
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote