Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:13 PM   #1

My G2 disappeared "into the shop" and I can't get a status from Best Buy on when I'll get it back.I may just give up and get a new one. Just in case, I am looking at the G6 and V3 as potential replacements. I do mostly sport shooting, the kids play all kinds of sports, and some concert type photos that I don't want to use an external flash for. My main problem with the G2 was that the autofocus just would not lock on in many cases. And when it did, the pics were usually blurry.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I was hoping that people with experience with these cameras could offer feedback on how well they might work for this kind of application. If there are others that might be better, please let me know.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Peggy
pmanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:46 PM   #2

I would think the DSC V3 is more suited for sports photography because of its performance advantage over the G6 The V3 has faster AF Speed, Shot to Shot, Continuous shooting and write speed over the G6.
mm0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 4:06 AM   #3

The V3 is faster than the G6. So I also recommend the V3 for Sports. It has super-fast auto-focus and shutter speed.

How long has Best Buy taken so far? I heard they take long to repair things. It's ridiculous. You should write a letter.
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:34 AM   #4

Thanks everyone for replying. I guess I am going to have to keep my old G2 as Best Buy has managed to "find" my camera (they sent it to the wrong shop!). They claim it is being repaired asap. kski - they have had it for over a month. My hubby went in to discuss the situation with the service manager on Sat and when we complained about not having hte camera for an upcoming trip he said "we'll hold it for you". WE said "how are we supposed to take pix without our camera" and his response was "I don't know what to tell you". Basically my hubby told him that they just lost our business, we will be cutting up best buy cards and mailing them in along with aletter detailing exactly why we are taking our business elsewhere in the future. They are also fixing my son'scamera -sent it in because the scroll button broke, they sent it back missing hte lens houseing that holds the lens cap!!! Took it back and said "what gives here" so now they have it again and are supposedly fixing that at their cost - but that is ridiculous!!!

Thanks for listening to the rant. Happy shooting everybody!

Peggy
pmanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:58 PM   #5

Peggy, that's awful!!! I can't believe what jerks they are at Best Buy! It's such a scam those extended warranties. Not a scam as in that they don't repair it, but a scam in how they advertise it, like as if it's great and easy and good. Yah right!

That is a really good idea to cut the credit cards up and sending them back with a letter. Write a direct letter, let them know exactly what's going on!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote