Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 1, 2005, 3:14 AM   #21

I agree Virgil! And "cybershotnut", of course Sony wants to make money!!!....they are after all a business!!! And to say that the T3 has no improvement over the T1, you are sadly mistaken!! The T3 pics are better than the T1 and it's very noticeable!!

Although the LCDs have slightly less pixels, I'm sure no one will notice the difference and it does save them a little bit of money, which they need to be doing, since their latest profit reports are down. They are losing money. While they've taken away a little bit of pixels on the lcds, they have made their autofocus and shot to shot times incredibly faster!!! (if anyone owns a V3, you know what I mean)

I am waiting now for the real truth as to what's coming out. There are rumors all over the web and I'm sure there are many mistakes to those rumors.

Now what I'm interested in is the Pro model that will be coming out, I heard it is going to have Sony's new CMOS sensor, with 10X Optical Zoom, Image Stabilizer, it will be 12MP, MPEG 4 Video and will be a digital SLR...... oh wait, that was just my dream camera.....oops......well that's another rumor to throw in the bunch!!!:blah:
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:11 AM   #22

They have announced W5 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05020201sonydscw5.asp
Dr Limpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:43 AM   #23
sdh

Maybe this means we'll start seeing W1's going for real cheap soon!? I sold my W1 to a friend for $200 after I bought my V3 and have regretted letting it go because now I dont have a pocketable cam that i can use for shots and decent video when im skiing. argh!:sad:
sdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:52 PM   #24

sdh, don't regret,very soon W7 will appear. 7 Mp in W1 body.
Dr Limpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:44 PM   #25

sdh wrote:
Quote:
Maybe this means we'll start seeing W1's going for real cheap soon!? I sold my W1 to a friend for $200 after I bought my V3 and have regretted letting it go because now I dont have a pocketable cam that i can use for shots and decent video when im skiing. argh!:sad:
I have a V3 also that I bought to replace my F828 that I sold and had a U30 for pocket....sold it also and got a L1 that is much better than the U30 (4.1 mp and 3X zoomw/ sound)about the same size as U30 (little bigger). You may want to check out the L1 for pocket , great for outdoor but probably weak flash for indoor. I too am waiting for a F828 replacement and will stick with the V3 till I see what Sony comes up with.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:34 PM   #26
sdh

Dr Limpopo wrote:
Quote:
sdh, don't regret,very soon W7 will appear. 7 Mp in W1 body.
that sounds sweet but unfortunately Im flying to Colorado next week for a ski vacation and don't have a small cam that I can use for taking vids of my friend and I ripping the steeps.

ummm, clarification: unfortunate that the W7 isnt out yet, not unfortunate that Im going on vacation next week :-)
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:52 PM   #27
sdh

duke wrote:
Quote:
sdh wrote:
Quote:
You may want to check out the L1 for pocket , great for outdoor but probably weak flash for indoor.
Thanks for the suggestion but I dont think the L1 would do it for me. I really like the 2.5 LCD which the L1 lacks, along with any form of manual controls. Even tho the manual controls on the W1 are a bit stripped down, I still found I used them a lot. (hmmm, maybe this is why my move to the V3 was inevitable!). Actually, I still think the W1 is a veryimpressive package - small size, big LCD, manual controls, good movie mode, super-fast performance. I did a lot of research back in may-june of last year and I found *no* other cam that had that combo of feats.Geez, I hope I don't talk myself into buying another W1 for my upcoming ski trip!:?

Edit: The W1 did take nice pics (though soft, IMO) but the V3 simply kicks it's butt. Im *really* happy w/ the V3 so far!
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:27 PM   #28

duke wrote:
Quote:
I have a V3 also that I bought to replace my F828 that I sold
How do you compare the V3 to the F828? I never had an F828, but the low light capability (f2) of my F717 has some advantages over my V3. (Did)Do you do alot of low light night shooting with the F828 and the V3?

I'm still hoping Sony will come out with at least a semi-affordable upgrade to the F828!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:12 AM   #29

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
duke wrote:
Quote:
I have a V3 also that I bought to replace my F828 that I sold
How do you compare the V3 to the F828? I never had an F828, but the low light capability (f2) of my F717 has some advantages over my V3. (Did)Do you do alot of low light night shooting with the F828 and the V3?

I'm still hoping Sony will come out with at least a semi-affordable upgrade to the F828!
I haven't had (or used) the V3 long enough to really compare. I liked the F828 , but like the size and the 2.5 LCD of the V3 better. I kept the F32X flash which will work on the V3 , however I do most of my shooting in daylight. I felt it was a good time to sell the F828 because Sony stopped making it and a replacementwill becomming. The V3will probably fit my needs.....but may be tempted for the F828 replacement if Sony comes up with a winner. :roll:
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:27 AM   #30

The W5 is now available for pre-order on the Sony Style Europe website, shipping end of Feb, they say. In the UK it's priced at £323.67, which is stupidly expensive - the P150 and P200 are priced at £299.00 on the same site! P200 is listed as shipping in early Feb, though when I spoke to Sony Style the other day they said mid Feb.
davej is offline   Reply With Quote