Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 30, 2005, 4:04 AM   #1

I may buy a T33 soon but is it that good as it seems? I like the looks(physically) of the T3 and itsfairly largeLCD screen but I heard that the dimensions of T seriesCybershots vary? I need opinions and thoughts fromT1, T11, T3 or T33 owners or those who want to put in their 2 cents.
S500guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:21 AM   #2

I think it will be better than the former "T" models. Sony always improves on their new cameras in speed and picture quality.The T33 is cheaper than the T1 anyway, at least in Canada.
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 2:24 AM   #3

I just read a "first look review" on the T33. And it has improved flash. It says this:

"The flash has an incredible range, reaching from 10 cm. to 6 m. By comparison, most compact cameras contain fixed flash units that extend 10-12 feet, so approximately 18 feet is quite impressive. "

That is pretty amazing. The website is: http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ons-Review.htm
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:16 AM   #4

Take a look at my post here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=44219&forum_id=28

Both of these cameras have terrible indoor flash range. The info i got came directly from a Sony T3 manual.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:16 AM   #5

Why would a T3 manual have anything about the T33? I don't know where you got that from but, www.digitalcamerainfo.com actually got their hands on a T33 and tested the camera's flash themselves and said it was incredible and went 18 feet.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:18 AM   #6

The T3 manual is the same as the T33 manual. Just like the P100/P120/P150 manual, it says T3/T33.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:57 AM   #7

The T33 is now available here in Toronto, Canada. There is a special edition white one and a silver one. It was supposed to be available Feb. 11 here but it got here faster than expected. I'm not sure if I should go get it....?????? I'm torn between the P200 and the T33. Hmm.....
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:04 AM   #8

I am in a similar dilema, however I currently have an Exilim S3 and want to buy the T3.

The T3 sounds awesom, I am sure it doesn't touch some of the bigger cams but for its size I think it's perfect.

I have loved my Exilim, so if the pictures are better than that (and they should be, my Exilim doesn't have zoom) I won't be disappointed.

I did post a question on the "which cam should i buy" but didn't really get much back.

I know there are cams of similarmass to the T3 but the credit card shape/size of the T3 (like my Exilim) makes it win everytime. I am always the one to get the shots as no-one else takes their camera everywhere they go.

I was confused about the differences between the T3 and T33 ... they seem pretty much identical, the T3 wins for me on its good looks.

I would be really interested if anyone has any sample shots from the T3.

Keep us all posted on how your purchase goes, I will do likewise.

benjilloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:57 PM   #9

benjilloyd

I know what you mean. I love having a truly pocket camera to have with me all the time to take those photos of unexpected moments! Have you ever gone to www.pbase.com ? You can search under the "camera database" and find photos taken with the T3. They look really good. Excellent for such a thin camera!!! In fact I think they're the best quality out of any camera it's size. But then there is a T7 coming supposedly that is 7MP!!! So that's pretty amazing! The P200 is already a 7MP but is a little longer than the T33. I love the white edition of the T33.

I'm going to the Sony store Friday so maybe I might buy the T33 or the P200. If I do, I'll post pics on this forum.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:07 AM   #10

kski wrote:
Quote:
Why would a T3 manual have anything about the T33? I don't know where you got that from but, www.digitalcamerainfo.com actually got their hands on a T33 and tested the camera's flash themselves and said it was incredible and went 18 feet.
If you're referring to the "First Impressions Review" at...

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ons-Review.htm

...they just looked at a demo model on a stand at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. That's why all their pics of the camera show a metal clamp around it. The review just seems to consist of listing and commenting on the camera's specs and features and their impressions from handling it at the stand. I think they've either copied the flash range down wrongly - 6 instead of 1.6 - and then got back to write the review and thought "hey, 6m, that's impressive!", or else Sony naughtily quoted a figure at a high ISO.

sony.co.uk's specs for the T33 say:
Distance limitations using Flash (m) Wide: 0.1-1.7, Tele: 0.5-1.6

Anyway must go, my P200 has just arrived! :-)

Dave
davej is offline   Reply With Quote