Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:54 AM   #1

Hi

i just wondered ifthere is asony t7 .i read something about it on this forum.i want to buy t3 but if the t7 is better and if itscoming, i might just wait.

does anyone know about the t7?is it true?when is it coming?is it better than the t3?any spec or photos?

would be thankfull if someone leaves a reply.

smsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:19 PM   #2

I'm not sure what the story is on the new Sony cameras, the T7 was posted to be available in May 2005 then was removed from the site. It was here: http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/ac..._May_2005.html

From the specs that were posted on the T7, it's supposed to be identical to the T3, but with a 7 megapixel CCD. I had a chance to take a few test photos with a T3 a few weeks ago, but wasn't impressed with the indoor shots. To me, they don't look any better than the photos from the T1. The T3 is slightly faster than the T1 and the LCD is sharper, but that's about it. If you mainly take photos in bright outdoor light, the T3 performs great, but if you do alot of indoor shooting, you may want to consider a different model.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:28 PM   #3

thanks for your reply, helped alot.

i want a camera that is light,easy to carry,good indoor and outdoor pictures,good flash and high resoloution.i dont want it to be big and bulky.

any opinions?
smsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:44 PM   #4

The P150 or the new P200 would be my choice. The flash power on the P150 is MUCH better than the T3.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:51 AM   #5

I'd definitely wait for the T7 if it's an ultra thin camera you want! It will be amazing that the T7 will be so thin and 7MP!! Amazing!!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:08 AM   #6

The key to good indoor pics is a good flash. This is one area the t3 is lacking. As was mentioned the p100 or 150 is better choice and only slightly less compact. Even the p93 would be a good choice. Any of these cameras will easily fit in a pocket.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:10 AM   #7

Supposedly on the www.digitalcamerainfo.com website they claim the new Sony T33 will have a flash that goes 18 feet. It says the flash and speed are improved. If this is true then I'm sure the T7 will have the same.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ons-Review.htm
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 5:06 AM   #8

ok,have played with this camera(sony dsc-t7) it is 5.1Mp,9.8mm thick(slim!)3x optical(folded lens),new 'e'type battery(postage stamp size LIon ,tiny sliding lens cover(like T1)dedicated charger(can also charge T type batterys) and curious dock with internal(on camera)sync contacts.

dont have any images,sorry,but the unit I played with was olive green with pewter coloured lens cover.

power key is on the end of camera(no room on top!),great screen 2.5"

Truely a marvel of minuturisation,I am buying one the moment i can.

the case is aluminium and has a slightly steped design towards lens end(to house folded optics),but imagine a small metal business card holder,with a lens and great screen on the back-and you have the sexiest,slimest camera you have ever seen.

(anyone wanna buy my black T1...?!)

hope this helps
joaojoao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:13 AM   #9

joaojoao wrote:
Quote:
ok,have played with this camera(sony dsc-t7) it is 5.1Mp,9.8mm thick(slim!)3x optical(folded lens),new 'e'type battery(postage stamp size LIon ,tiny sliding lens cover(like T1)dedicated charger(can also charge T type batterys) and curious dock with internal(on camera)sync contacts.

dont have any images,sorry,but the unit I played with was olive green with pewter coloured lens cover.

power key is on the end of camera(no room on top!),great screen 2.5"

Truely a marvel of minuturisation,I am buying one the moment i can.

the case is aluminium and has a slightly steped design towards lens end(to house folded optics),but imagine a small metal business card holder,with a lens and great screen on the back-and you have the sexiest,slimest camera you have ever seen.

(anyone wanna buy my black T1...?!)

hope this helps

Errrm...Where did you get the T7 from to test it? Unless you work in Sony, I doubt that Sony will give out unreleased models for public testing.
Problem Solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 9:19 PM   #10

yes,I work for Sony.
joaojoao is offline   Reply With Quote