Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 13, 2005, 8:42 AM   #91

ianmstewart - I have found that any of our indoor shots that are blurry are usually down to user error. I am not at all technical, so anything beyond Auto mode is really beyond me at the moment.

Like you we've not really toyed with the manual settings to see what difference that makes and have to agree that marketing the P200 as a "point & shoot" could prove to be misleading if you have to spend too much time fiddling with settings to get the perfect indoor shot.

Having said that though, I've been happy with most of my Auto mode indoor shots and given half the chance I would love to learn about the manual settings, but as the song goes, "never do have the time"!
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:18 PM   #92

First thing is to get a replacement P200 and see if it still gives you the same blurry pictures.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:25 AM   #93

That's one blurred picture alright. Take a test shot using a tripod, shooting something stationary (like a house). If you still get blur, return the camera for a new one.

I'm getting my P200 next week.. will let you know my experiences. I'm looking to get it as a second camera, point'n'shooter for situations where I don't want to drag my DSC-F717 - which I still think is the best 5Mpix camera manufactured to date. The F2.0 lens is just awesome.

HeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:38 AM   #94

Are there any advantages to using the P200 (aside from more pics)to take 5MP pics instead of 7MP pics? Will the smaller pics have better quality or be any sharper?
lcmb11444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:07 AM   #95

The answer is that if you have the P200 set at 5MP, or lower, it will still take the picture using the full 7.2MP sensor. The camera resizes the picture to 5MP or lower from 7.2 while it is in the buffer and saves the file as 5MP. The file size would be smaller on the memory stick and you cannot resize it upwards back to 7.2MP without losing quality. The P200 can also resize a picture after it is taken within the menu to the smaller sizes while keeping the original. This is what I do since you can resize all the pictures you take at once making them small enough to send by e-mail. However, when you are printing a digital camera picture, the higher the MP the sharper and clearer the picture will come out in any size print. The only benefit of taking a picture with a smaller MP count than the camera is capable of would be to save memory stick space and taking more pictures. Also, it saves you the trouble of resizing it yourself later. However if you are printing the pictures or taking them to a photo lab. It is better to take it at full 7.2MP
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 7:13 PM   #96

Hi all. I am planning to get either P150 or P200. I am getting P150 for about $20 cheaper than P200. I saw many posts saying that P150 picture quality is better than P200.

Should I go for P150 instead of P200? Please advise.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 10:27 PM   #97
d48

I'd pay the extra $20 and get the P200.

I bought mine in early March to replace a broken Canon and I love it. I have taken all my pictures on the automatic settings and haven't had any blurry shots (except when my dogs are moving!)

My daughter had her prom last night and I am quite pleased to say the photos I took before they went looked professional. I took 109 pictures and none of them were blurry and I was under pressure to hurry. (They were all handheld and on the automatic setting.)
d48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 1:51 AM   #98

Hi D48

Thanks for the help and happy shooting.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:59 AM   #99

I actually agree about the P150 having better image quality, notably having better details in photos....I would get the P150 if that's the most important criteria.
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote