Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 13, 2005, 3:41 PM   #11

kski wrote:
Quote:

If you have the P200, why are you not posting any pictures cybershotnut?

Here is one indoor shot of my cat, not a very good photo but I'll take a few outdoor shots today and post them...
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 4:35 PM   #12

kski wrote:
Quote:

Here is an outdoor shot and a macro shot taken with the P200. The only modification done to the photos was resizing. http://photobucket.com/albums/v477/C...Nut/P200_Test/
Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:18 PM   #13

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
kski wrote:
Quote:

Here is an outdoor shot and a macro shot taken with the P200. The only modification done to the photos was resizing. http://photobucket.com/albums/v477/C...Nut/P200_Test/
Very nice pics! Were those taken with auto mode and 7MP "fine"? Also, how did you get a 1024*768 resolution with your photobucket pics? My photobucket pics are always downsized to a max of 512 pixels in width and I cannot get them any bigger!
iceman_dl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:28 PM   #14

How does the P200 compare with the V3 ?
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 6:10 PM   #15

iceman_dl6 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
kski wrote:
Very nice pics! Were those taken with auto mode and 7MP "fine"? Also, how did you get a 1024*768 resolution with your photobucket pics? My photobucket pics are always downsized to a max of 512 pixels in width and I cannot get them any bigger!
Yes, they were taken in 7MP"P" mode with all settings at default. I don't use photobucket to resize the pictures. I use photocleaner which lets you make them whatever resolution you want. I like 1024x768 because it's what most people use for their computer screen resolution. http://photocleaner.com/

duke, They are two different classes of cameras, the P200 is a much smaller camera with a smaller lens. The V3 is sharper, has many more features and the focus is faster.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:26 PM   #16

Here's a quick night shot from my car window while waiting on the drive thru line at Mc Donalds... It was taken in night scene mode with default settings and the only modification to the photowas resizing it to 1024x768. Looks pretty nice to me!
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:21 PM   #17

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
Here's a quick night shot from my car window while waiting on the drive thru line at Mc Donalds... It was taken in night scene mode with default settings and the only modification to the photo was resizing it to 1024x768. Looks pretty nice to me!
Wow! Impressive once again! But, since the shutter speed must have been extremely slow on night scene mode, how did you stabilize the camera to get a clear shot like that? BTW, I just got my P200 too and I am extremely pleased with the picture quality that this cam could get based on your pics!
iceman_dl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 1:01 AM   #18

iceman_dl6 wrote:
Quote:
CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
Here's a quick night shot from my car window while waiting on the drive thru line at Mc Donalds... It was taken in night scene mode with default settings and the only modification to the photo was resizing it to 1024x768. Looks pretty nice to me!
Wow! Impressive once again! But, since the shutter speed must have been extremely slow on night scene mode, how did you stabilize the camera to get a clear shot like that? BTW, I just got my P200 too and I am extremely pleased with the picture quality that this cam could get based on your pics!
I just opened the window, set the self timer and placed the camera on the top of thedoor while i was waiting for my cheeseburger.:lol:
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:51 PM   #19

Will this camera work with a 2gb or even 4gb memory stick? The website says it is only tested up to 1gb.

Just ordered mine from Adorama for $370 shipped.
opusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:02 PM   #20

I know it'll work with the 2gb stick, but i'm not sure about the 4gb. I have not yet seen any compatability charts for the 4gb stick.