Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:30 PM   #21

opusx wrote:
Quote:
Will this camera work with a 2gb or even 4gb memory stick? The website says it is only tested up to 1gb.

Just ordered mine from Adorama for $370 shipped.
Where did you order from ? Thats the cheapest price I found. I was about to order for 400$ from BHPhotoVideo.

Any suggestions about where I should buy p200 and what accessories I need (my first digital camera it will be :-) )

Thanks a lot everyone!

Kaz.
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 5:51 AM   #22

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
opusx wrote:
Quote:
Will this camera work with a 2gb or even 4gb memory stick? The website says it is only tested up to 1gb.

Just ordered mine from Adorama for $370 shipped.
Where did you order from ? Thats the cheapest price I found. I was about to order for 400$ from BHPhotoVideo.

Any suggestions about where I should buy p200 and what accessories I need (my first digital camera it will be :-) )

Thanks a lot everyone!

Kaz.

I ordered from Adorama.com in NY. Its a pre-order from them but they are expecting shipment next week. They are a very respected camera vendor.
opusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:12 AM   #23

I ordered from butterflyphoto.com. I was a little weary, they had mixed reviews, but I had a great experience ordering with them. Got my camera two days after I ordered it!
aeplumly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:23 AM   #24

I would really like to know:

a) has anyone any experience of the P150 or P200 add-ons, like the extra lenses, slave flash, filters etc. and whether they are worth getting.

b) If there is a hard case that can be bought for the P200 because the soft cases just don't float my boat. Or can someone twist my arm and convince me that a soft case will be OK. If so what type - Sony branded or a.n.other?

c) Is it really worth getting an extra battery for the P200 - I can't imagine using my P200 contstantly for that long without switching it off at some point but I suppose it's better safe than sorry...thoughts please.

Still loving our P200 though! The missus took a macro shot of the baby monitor a couple of nights ago - didn't realise until then how grubby it had gotten!

Cheers! :-)
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:52 PM   #25

I don't have any experience with the add on lenses for the P200 or similar camera, I have only used a telephoto lens with my F717, butI've used the slave flash with the P93 and it helps indoor shots alot. The battery life is excellent and I don't really see a need for an extra unless you plan a weekend away and don't feel like bringing the charger. I think the best protection for the P200 when it comes to cases would be the semi-soft LCM-PHA Sony case. I use the LCM-PX case for mine which is almost identical, but slightly larger.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:14 PM   #26

Thanks CyberShotNut.

Tend to agree with the extra battery - I think in most cases it's easy enough to go anywhere with the charger. Might invest in a car charger for it though...

I think I know the case you mean, and it fits with what I had in mind - would like to see it in the flesh first and be sure the P200 fits into it.

I'll be interested to know if anyone thinks the P200 flash is any stronger than the P150. We took some indoor shots with it and they seemed OK, though possibly the colours could have been better, but it was all done in Auto mode, so some tinkering with the settings would presumably help a bit too.

Still the general concensus is this house is the P200 was a star buy!

Thanks again for you insight!
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:30 PM   #27

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
After playing with the two cameras some more I see that Sony added center weighted average metering like they used to have in their older cameras and also added manual white balance. (provided there is enough light to set it)
Also Spot AF in addition to Center & Multi.

Dave
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:02 PM   #28

I am concern with the 1/40 shutter speed when using flash on auto.

Can you check if shutter speed can be change on P?

How hard is it to change the shutter speed on P?

This is what stopping me from buying.

Thanks,

ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:07 PM   #29

There is no way to change the shutter speed in "P" mode. That's what "M" mode is there for.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:42 PM   #30

Thanks for your confirmation. On the M mode, does the flash automatically adjust the power or you have to adjust the power manually?

Thanks.
ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote