Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:44 AM   #41

Any of the P200 owner had to return the camera because of the dust on the sensor?

I read that this is very common with P100 and some P150?

Reason I asked I could get better price compare to Sony Store, but no refund and no exchange (around $80 cheaper). Should I take the risk?

Thanks
ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:49 PM   #42

ftahir wrote:
Quote:
Any of the P200 owner had to return the camera because of the dust on the sensor?

I read that this is very common with P100 and some P150?

LuckilyI haven't had any problem with dust in the lens or on the sensor on any of the Sony cameras I ever owned. Hopefully this is just a rare problem that only a few people have had!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 4:10 PM   #43

I have a P100 and I can say that every "blurring problem" I've had is a result of me taking poor photographs, not the camera screwing up. The only time it seems to struggle is if you leave autofocus on in movie mode. It simply can't keep up with moving objects. It's best to simply set it to a fixed focus for movies. Other than that .. it's working nicely.

I have my first gallery up on my website from our new camera If you look thru them you'll find some of the famed Sony "blur". Reality check is it's all due to user error as far as I can tell. I'm not saying it's all a big myth, but I think the reports of the P line blurring stuff may be a bit overexagerated.
lebaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:01 PM   #44

does sony have a warranty irrespective of what vendor i buy from?

thanks
kaz
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:08 PM   #45

hey gabby..

i just ordered a p200 :-):-)

but i ordered from dell.com..so keeeping my fingers crossed :roll:

hopefully it will come in a great shape. i was worried about the dell's reviews...(but the price on it was such that i am willing to risk)

waiting now

thanks
kaz
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:58 AM   #46

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
hey gabby..

i just ordered a p200 :-):-)

but i ordered from dell.com..so keeeping my fingers crossed :roll:

hopefully it will come in a great shape. i was worried about the dell's reviews...(but the price on it was such that i am willing to risk)

waiting now

thanks
kaz
Hey Kaz

Good luck with your purchase - I hope you're as happy with it as we are.

I can't speak for Dell themselves - we are in UK and ordered from Berridge. Maybe I'm lucky but I have had very few problems ordering stuff on the internet - that ranges from DVD's/CD's to Washing Machines/Tumble Driers and a wide range of suppliers.

I should be putting a disclaimer here in case you get it and you think it sucks?! But hey, I'm only going by my own experience!

Judging from your posts I think you'll like it - you seem to have narrowed down the field in the much the same way we did.

Have fun when it arrives!

Gabby

PS: Did you order a bigger memory stick? You MUST!We are using a Sandisk 512MB Memory Stick Pro. I think that's more than adequate unless you plan on taking huge amounts of movie.
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:54 AM   #47

My P200 arrived yesterday and its been posted back today, it took great pics but i didnt like the ergonomics i found it very difficult to hold and the buttoms were too fiddly, i think i will hold out until the Ixus 700 arrives in the UK as i do prefer Canons

Now ive got a 1gb memory stick to put on Ebay !
deanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:23 AM   #48

hey gabby,

thanks for your support !!
i borrowed 128Mb Memory stick from a friend. I will experiment with the camera for a week, then i will go ahead and buy the 512Mb sandisk. I read lexar is going to announce memory stick in a couple of weeks, so i might wait for it to see if its cheaper than sandisk

did you get a case for the camera? whcih one did you get and for how much coz the sony case is like 45$ !!

thanks
kaz
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:43 AM   #49

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
hey gabby,

thanks for your support !!
i borrowed 128Mb Memory stick from a friend. I will experiment with the camera for a week, then i will go ahead and buy the 512Mb sandisk. I read lexar is going to announce memory stick in a couple of weeks, so i might wait for it to see if its cheaper than sandisk

did you get a case for the camera? whcih one did you get and for how much coz the sony case is like 45$ !!

thanks
kaz
A propos of Deanos' post, I can well imagine some might not like the ergonomics of the P200 - I myself don't mind it, and you do wonder sometimes if these are made for children or adults to play with...:roll:

Kaz

No haven't bought a case but am actively thinking about it. I like the looks of the semi-hard (or is it semi-soft :?) case which I've seen on Amazon. It might be a bit pricey but I'm not overly crazy about the soft cases on offer. We'll see. It's not a big priority at the moment as the camera hasn't left the house much since we got it, but I'm sure we'll need something soon.

I am happy with the 512mb Memory Stick Pro from Sandisk. I guess it's a matter of opinion as to how big you want to go, how many photos (or how much video) you think you're going to want to store. The 1GB or more were a bit pricey for me at the time, and I can't see myself needing that much space because I'll be uploading onto the computer and erasing from the memory stick more often than not. I'm thinking of it more as a conduit from Camera to computer than a complete storage solution for my photgraphs.
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:15 AM   #50

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
Here's a quick night shot from my car window while waiting on the drive thru line at Mc Donalds... It was taken in night scene mode with default settings and the only modification to the photowas resizing it to 1024x768. Looks pretty nice to me!
Take this pic with p150 or p200? In the SCN mode? Datails!, please
lipschutz is offline   Reply With Quote