Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:44 PM   #61

Hello there azncloud,

I am from Malta (Europe). I don't know if there is any sony distributers here in Malta. I think I have to make a search to confirm that. But if there is, the price would be certainly higher than getting it from abroad. Here many things are more expensive than abroad. Guess i'll have to see about that!

BTW: I do agree that the P150 is much nicer than the P200. But i would still prefer the P200 since performance wise is better. Congrats on your new P150... hopefully i'll get mine(p200) very shortly
Debole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:53 PM   #62

Hey Cybershotnut,

Thanks for the correction. In the P200 specs I saw first it waswritten as f2.8/f5.2 only. After writing in this forum i was surfing in more sites and found that it had Ap range f5.6/f10 so i wasnt sure, but you gave me the best confimation ever.

Thanks Buddy

Debole
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:55 PM   #63

SO NOW I DEFINATELY DECIDED THAT I WILL GET A P200.....BUT THE QUESTION IS FROM WHERE???

DO SONY HAVE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY????

(STILL HAVE TOCHECK OUT FORLOCAL DISTRIBUTERS)
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:13 AM   #64

Last time I checked, Sony does not have international warranty.

If yours break, you have to send to the country where the product was purchased.
ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:14 AM   #65

In your situation, I would purchase an extra manufacturers warranty if it is not too much more expensive.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:54 PM   #66

In a few mins, I will have to "take back my words" on another forum thread ("why is P200 cheaper?"). Based solely on hearsay, I said something along the lines "because it's more cheaply made". That's the problem with the internet. The pictures I have seen of the P200 looked "plasticky". But I actually went to a brick-and-mortar store this morning and was VERY IMPRESSED with the P200 - so much so that I ended up buying it (I was able to pricematch CC for $275 and trade in an old camera for another $50 off at CompUSA). I think everyone would agree that little needed improvement on the P150 but I commend SONY for the thoughtful improvements it did make. It's like they took something that was "almost perfect" and made it "just about perfect". I can't say enough about the importance of the added ergonomics of the left- hand grip. It really HELPS! It feels so much more comfortable in your hands and you're not worried about where to place your left finger. I also was glad to see that it is indeed made of Metal and not at all plasticky! I'm SOLD.
Edit/Delete Message
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:33 AM   #67

A few months ago, my best friend was boasting about a new little camera he bought for $450 dollars which at the time was a bargain. It wasn't until he came down and let me use it when I realized it was an extremely fast shooter for any digicam. The camera I currently had at the time was a Kodak CX4200 which was very slow to turn on, and even slower in-between shots. It was so slow, it would drive family members including my fiancé insane at times while they were waiting for it to process shots or even turn on. My best friend with his new camera quickly became the photographer of the party that day and even my fiancé was telling me I had to get that camera. The camera my friend bought as you may have guessed was the P150. The P150 is a wonderful camera with very little not to like about it. I would have bought one at $450 if I had not heard of the P200, and possible $399 price. I was really blessed that on the day I was going to purchase the P200, Dell had a bargain sale making it only $340. I jumped at that price and have been happy :G at that decision ever since. My best friend wishes he had waited a few months in hindsight because of the price and extra features. However he still has an excellent camera with great reviews that still takes beautiful pictures and video. kimnicho, you made a great choice and I pray that you take great pictures, have good luck with the camera and learn as much as you can about all the manual features as well. I'll be posting some pictures once I learn how to do that since I'm new at this. Peace
Old Mar 7, 2005, 3:00 PM   #68

A couple first impressions ...

Don't even think about the P150 unless you can get it for under $250. Personally, it would have to be even cheaper to tempt me. Try to see a P200 before you buy a P150, at this point. I paid about $300 at Dell Homefor the P200 by catching it when they had a discount and a coupon that worked - shipped, no sales tax.

I like the layout ... for something to carry a lot, I'd rather have a smaller camera with a 2" LCD than a some of the new 2.5" LCD models that are a bit larger. But the 2" LCD is a verynice upgrade from the smaller screen on earlier models.

The P200 looks much better in real life than in thepictures (like the ones in the first post in this thread). It looks a little plain in the pix, but that's because the pix are bigger than actual size! I would have been happier without the little Zeiss 7 MP sticker (see picture), but whatever.

That little weird door for the charger is crazy, I'll definitely be following the suggestion to open the entire side door to charge.

Made in Japan, if anyone is wondering. FWIW.

I like the little fiber/cloth pouch the camera came in! I may use that to keep the scratches off in my pocket, or try to find/make something like it. I don't like using a case, I'm careful enough not to need one and for me it defeats the purpose of buying a small camera.

I'm curious about them moving the microphone off the front of the camera, it will be interesting to see how wellthe mic works.

Attached Images

buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 3:20 PM   #69

buzzy wrote:
Quote:
A couple first impressions ...

I would have been happier without the little Zeiss 7 MP sticker (see picture), but whatever.

You can remove all the stickers from the camera (even the ones in the back)and use a little alcohol and a paper towel to remove any glue that is left. I removed all three stickers except the one on the bottom.

Kudos to Cybershotnut for helping me on that one`
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:36 PM   #70

Thanks. I may give that a try later on. It's useful to know they can come off, since it's hard to tell by looking at it - it's one of those metallized stickers that's on there pretty good (which is sometimes a good thing).
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote