Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:45 PM   #71

Buzzy- I think you summed it up very well! As I said, I probably could have gotten the P250 for ~$250 BUT in my opinion, the FEW CHANGES that were made ARE IMPORTANT ONES !

My Only Complaint (about Sony cameras in general) is that they don't come with simple PLUG-IN CHARGERS like Canon. The cord for the charger is like 5 feet long ! What's up with that Sony? I will most likely shell out the money and get the Optional Plug-In Charger. I hate having wires all over my kitchen counter!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:54 PM   #72

That is a good bargain there!! $300 is cheaper than in the uk. I have to decide from where to but it. I don't know, maybe from us or uk. Or I might take a chance on Ebay uk, what do you guys think??

And BTW that Apreture range thing, can everyone check that it has till f10 because i've seen numerous sites that say it has Ap range till f5.2. May be there are 2 versions..boq you never know.
Debole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:05 PM   #73

kimnicho wrote:
Quote:
My Only Complaint (about Sony cameras in general) is that they don't come with simple PLUG-IN CHARGERS like Canon. The cord for the charger is like 5 feet long ! What's up with that Sony? I will most likely shell out the money and get the Optional Plug-In Charger. I hate having wires all over my kitchen counter!
Funny, I actually like the chargers with cords because I can use them wherever I travel - when I have to crawl under the furniture to plug it in, etc. But I can see your point, those wires are really long. Someone would complain if they were shorter though ... I use the twist ties to shorten them up.

At least the charger brick itself is pretty small - about 3 x 2 x 1, and suprisingly light.

BTW, someone posted elsewhere that the P200has better battery life than the P150. If so, that's always important.

I'm hoping I can get a (long)day's worth of use out of the P200 without needing to buy or carry a second battery. It sounds promising.

I used to take my sets of NiMH and my battery charger with me. If I can get away with the camera, 1 battery and the charger that won't be bad.
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:50 PM   #74

The battery life of the info-lithium inside of a P200 should last you about 200-215 minutes per charge and that is in auto mode.It's about 15-20 minutes longer life than the P150 according to my friend. That is about 310 shots per charge at 7MP fine with flash and LCD on the whole time. Apparently the info-lithium lifespan is supposed to last for 1000 charge and discharge cycles before it starts to lose its life if the battery is kept in good shape (within normal temperatures) So basically if you take care of the battery, you could use it every day for about 3 years (charging it every day) and the battery should work about the same each day. Not bad if you ask me.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:03 PM   #75

Buzzy-check out this custom case from ebay-I bought one for my SD200 from him-great product! Snuggiest case!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...876763316&rd=1
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:33 AM   #76

hello all,

after 3 weeks of rain california saw a sunny weekend.
i tried the camera out in the sun but what i saw got me scared
when the sun is towards the lens, i see red stripe / bars on the lcd..however when i take the pic, there is no red stripe...i am wondering if any of the users noticed that?

me and my friend got camera from dell....both of us saw the same problem when out in the sun....is this a defect or common with p200? (or further is it common to many cameras?)

thanks a lot
kaz.
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:25 AM   #77

Point the camera at a mirror in your bathroom and you should see the same thing if you have the red LED turned on while you press the shutter halfway. It is a normal occurance when light hits the lens a certain way to get that effect. I wouldn't worry about that. By the way, I wouldn't be pointing it at the sun though, that could damage the sensors.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:41 AM   #78

kazaan wrote:
Quote:
hello all,

after 3 weeks of rain california saw a sunny weekend.
i tried the camera out in the sun but what i saw got me scared
when the sun is towards the lens, i see red stripe / bars on the lcd..however when i take the pic, there is no red stripe...i am wondering if any of the users noticed that?

me and my friend got camera from dell....both of us saw the same problem when out in the sun....is this a defect or common with p200? (or further is it common to many cameras?)

thanks a lot
kaz.
Kaz

As Kona says this is a normal occurrence and in fact the manual does mention this. I think this phenomenon has a specific name but it escapes me now.
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:47 PM   #79

I have one sony p200 from one week. I am happy and he appeals to me. But some photos seem dark. Perhaps j am not able to setting the several modalities in way automaton mode - P mode-M Mode. Perhaps and with the flash I would have to modify the speed of the stopper. What ways uses in order to set up the p200 for photos in indoor and outdoor?? Thanks
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:20 PM   #80

Hi Robyy,

You need to use the flash always if you don't want dark pictures. You can force the flash on. Outdoor pictures in the daytime usually don't need a flash. Indoor I prefer flash always unless you have big windows and it's really bright inside. For your own preference, play with all the settings and do some testing yourself and you'll find what works best for you.
kski is offline   Reply With Quote