Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 21, 2002, 2:23 PM   #1

Default DSC F77

Could somebody tell me if this new Sony DSC F77 is really as good as they say ? Even without optical zoom ?
They say Sony's new Digital Zoom Technology is better and keep image quality when using digital zoom . Please tell me ....
I can't make a choice between Canon Ixus V3 or Sony's Dsc F77 and I'm running out of time !!

Please help me !!
Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2002, 4:04 AM   #2

It's rather difficult to get information on the new Sony DSC-F77, apart from the specifications - but even with the specs there is some confusion concerning shutter speed: some say "1/30s - 1/1000s", others say "2s - 1/1000s". Here you can at least find a test picture: http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/Tes...default-de.asp. There was a short review in a German magazine, but nothing about this "new" digital zoom. I am also a bit at a loss to make up my mind about the F77, as there are no comprehensive reviews of the camera on the internet.
Does anybody have a F77 already? Could you please give us some more information?
cajuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2002, 7:57 AM   #3

Very interesting for you, Mighty:

http://www.pbase.com/helenpb/sony_f77_test_shots

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=3833531
cajuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 4:54 AM   #4

Default Sony DSC F77... Good or bad?

Hello, I just picked up the F77 three days ago, and while it does get a lot of compliments, I think the biggest benefit of this camera is it's size/ergonomics/price value.

The Canon SD10 and S400 are better in my opinion, but this had genuinely good results when seen from my friend's performance shots--check out his website at www.jefferybeattie.com

All of his photos and videos were captured by this camera. With a much higher memory stick (a la 1 gig), this camera replaces most video cameras with about an hour of high-res video capability.

The zoom is negligible, but I really haven't used it much; to be honest, if you're really crazy about zoom, most digital cameras don't do nearly a good enough job no matter what the lens. But it's a neat little toy with that handy swivel feature so you can take self-portraits.

Hope this helps; I'll post more as I learn more about it!
Greekfreak is offline   Reply With Quote