Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:30 AM   #1

hello everybody !

I bought a dsc M1 there was one month agoand I do not regret !!!this is THE killer camera !

But I have a little problem

I want to use my mp4 files in a software(video editing software)that use probably the windows media players codec.

At the beginning the mp4 files were not reconize by my editing software and by windows media playerbut after I download klite codec I had the video but no sound ... if I download quicktime this is the same thing but with more desagrement : I have message that quicktime does not support this codec and I click on ok and I have video but no sound ....

I can read my mp4 files with picture package or nero express vision with video and sound so this is not a mp4 problem ....but with windows media player there is no sound ... and I would like sound with Windows mediaplayer because my video editing software seems to use this codec ...

oh another thing I would not convert my mp4 files : example convert my mp4 files on .avi and use after this avi on my video editing software ... I know it works but it is very slow ... I had to convert all my MP4 files and so not very good

Solution ?

Thxs

djfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:20 AM   #2

I'm having the same problem, Any one know how I can fix it?
Rogerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:35 PM   #3

up !!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:44 AM   #4

Try my app MP4Cam2AVI - it converts & joins MP4 -> AVI without video recompression (no quality loss), one-click and very fast Already tested with Sony M1

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

Program is freeware (GPL)
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:19 AM   #5

hello

thxs for your reponse ...

very good software : fast and easy to use...

but I have also problem : software past all mp4 files in one avi file .... another thing if I have 200 files ...conversion will be take long time... so I would not like to convert files but use them directly from my video editing software.

If youhave maked this software perhaps you can help me : do you know how to put the true MP4 codec for windows media player becauseas I wrote theediting software(that Iuse)will probablyuse the windows media player codec ...at this time with windows media player I haveonly the video (no sound) ... it is a codec problem because when I use another software like Nero VisionI have video and sound .

Thxs
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:58 AM   #6

You can install 3ivx codec, so windows media player will play mp4 files, but it won't help with video editing software, in most cases it doesn't work with MP4 container.

My app has two modes:

1. Many MP4 -> One AVI

2. Many MP4 -> Many AVI

Maybe you need second one. Converting 200 files is not very long, it will be faster if you choose 'PCM' audio option (cause Lame mp3 encoder eats 90% of CPU time during this operation). Convert files and the use them with any avi editing app.

As I said, video is NOT RECOMPRESSED, that's why my app runs much faster that any other converter. To view target avi files, use any MPEG-4 compatible codec (divx, xvid), but I recommend to use 3ivX (http://www.3ivx.com) - it gives better quality and more compatibility with video editing apps.

For more ditails see prorgam page

http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:10 AM   #7

ok ! perfect ! very fast !

I lost only1-2 min in order to do manip(conversion,choose file ...) but the result is excellent so many thanks !

Thank you !