Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1

I have a Sony DSC-W1. Can someone explain how I should import my pics using Win XP. Picture PAckage seems to not work...has no 'Save as' function option. Does Win XP have a generic picture software program I can use?

Help much appreciated!

udok
udok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:29 AM   #2

I think I have the same problem with DCR-HC30/HC40. I am trying to just copy my miniDV to my computer using the USB streaming. I bring up the Picture package USB streaming tool, check for audio and video. I click on Done, and I do not see any thing happening. I did a search for mpg, mpeg, mov files and nothing has been added. I know I can download using the Automatic Video Producer, but I want to edit the video using Windows Movie Maker.selecting "Sony Digital Imaging Video2".However, although I believe I am following the directions using the WinMovie Maker, no video is on the hard drive. Inside the Picture Package Menu, I tried the copy automatically, but I am unable to have the drop down menu offer any choices for source.Ilooked in the "Computer Applications Guide" tolook through the trouble shooting guide. As a result, I uninstalled and reinstalled Picture Package Viewer, accoding to the instructions. I looked in Device Manager.With the exception of the"[USB Device]in the [Other Devices] folder". Ihave everything.I am using XP SP2.

bluecraby2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:56 AM   #3

Strange, I've also got the Sony DSC-W1 (W12 to be exact) and I do not have this problem.

I just installed the program. Connected the camera with the cable, and then when I've made the connection, the program automatically starts, and then I click on 'copy automatically' or something. And then it replicates itself to the harddrive (the files, I mean).

To be honest, though I find the program to be very poor. You'd better just go to the files manually. There should be an extra drive available (the memory stick) after you've made a connection between the PC and the camera by the USB connection cable.
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:02 AM   #4

Ditto what Manolito says...

On Windows XP we just plug our DSC-P200 into the USB port and a new drive appears in the My Computer section and you just move all the images out from there.

No need for extra software.

Just make sure you "eject" the drive BEFORE physically unplugging the USB connection or switching off the computer though. Did that yesterday (switched off the computer with not ejected and all plugged in still) and ended up with a file error on my memory stick!
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:09 PM   #5

I just switch my cam off, before I unplug it.
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:37 PM   #6

Thanks guys for your help. I still have the problem, but at least, I can stop guessing and try to figure why my computer is not recognizing the camera. I thought my computer should automatically recognize the camera, it recognizes all my other USB devices.
bluecraby2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:31 AM   #7

Manolito_Mystiq wrote:
Quote:
I just switch my cam off, before I unplug it.
Yeah, that would work too! :angry::lol:
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:32 PM   #8

I am trying to connect sony DCR HC14 using firewire cable, and nothing happening.

Wen I use usb it workt.

Help!
debeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:40 PM   #9

You might want to disconnect all other USB devices since one could be conflicting with another. I had a similar problem that I was never able to fix on the laptop with WinXp and my Kodak docking station. For some odd reason the computer wouldn't recognize that it was even there. However it would recognize the camera alone. THe Docking station has worked everywhere else.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote