Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:35 PM   #11

SteveCz wrote:
Quote:
Heck, why bother with the P200 or the P150....the P100 is everything one could want in a digicam. Anyone ever see how the P100 can take tack sharp photos in absolute darkness?

And now you can buy the P100 for less than 300 bucks. As Doctor Zoidberg would say....It's a great deal, it is.

Steve, Strazeele, France

I agree - but there is one other major difference - noticed the 150 uses the Sony Infolithium battery and the 200 uses AA - but is that major enough to pay much more? Should a buying decision be made (mine) on the battery??

I had decided on the Canon A95 when I ran across the review on the 150 and 200 today which made me stop from opening the A95 purchased today for $299 less $50 rebate = $249! Now I am checking this site to see how much more confused I can make myself - perhaps someone can enlighten me - will I be happier keeping the A95 or shall I give the Sony DSC100 a try...or the 150...or the 200???

Your input is sincerely appreciated!
dmz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:52 PM   #12

dmz19 wrote:
Quote:
SteveCz wrote:
Quote:
Heck, why bother with the P200 or the P150....the P100 is everything one could want in a digicam. Anyone ever see how the P100 can take tack sharp photos in absolute darkness?

And now you can buy the P100 for less than 300 bucks. As Doctor Zoidberg would say....It's a great deal, it is.

Steve, Strazeele, France

I agree - but there is one other major difference - noticed the 150 uses the Sony Infolithium battery and the 200 uses AA - but is that major enough to pay much more? Should a buying decision be made (mine) on the battery??

I had decided on the Canon A95 when I ran across the review on the 150 and 200 today which made me stop from opening the A95 purchased today for $299 less $50 rebate = $249! Now I am checking this site to see how much more confused I can make myself - perhaps someone can enlighten me - will I be happier keeping the A95 or shall I give the Sony DSC100 a try...or the 150...or the 200???

Your input is sincerely appreciated!

Just found out the specs on the other site were wrong. The 200 does have the infolithium baterry - better stay with reliable STEVE'S!!

In the meantime, will someone please assist with the rest of my issues???? Thanks!

Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:56 PM   #13

I don't know about you but that info has the battery type wrong and who knows what else. There are quite a few posts here on steve's which explain the differences. Just do a quick search.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:17 AM   #14

And it really isn't necessary to cut and paste that huge long thing in here once, much less twice!

That's what links are for, eh? How about editing it back out?
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:23 PM   #15

Sorry to have offended on such a minute detail and for not knowing how to post a link - there is always one who doesn't offer assistance but has something to say anyway.....
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:01 PM   #16

So i want to know where is the P200 the cheapest??
the oficial price is 399$ but in the ebay.it is much cheaper!!! Where can buy this camera whit fast,cheap delivery??
thx :?::?::?::?:
Shaggy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:22 PM   #17

I find I can't do better than here for price if I want to avoid sleazy sellers: http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Cyber_..._P200~S-P~OR-0

In his conclusions, Dave at Imaging Resource said this comparing the P200 and P150:
"On the downside, it does trade away a bit more subtle subject detail than did the P150 to achieve its low noise levels. The detail loss is fairly apparent when viewed onscreen at 1:1 pixel size, but high-quality inkjet prints made from the cameras images don't show the softness nearly as much, and our evaluation is that the vast majority of consumers will have no complaints whatever with its image quality."

I would still prefer the P200 for features, but it isn't a slam-dunk considering the price difference.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:12 AM   #18

ok its excelent price but i am from europe. the problem is that i want a dealer where i can buy not only with credit card .i want to pay and pick up in the nearest post in my city! So that's my problem:sad::sad:
Shaggy007 is offline   Reply With Quote