Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 25, 2005, 3:58 AM   #1

need help

i got my p200 today evening ( for just 320$ :-) )..it was a cool deal...

i took some snaps with the camera...but to my dismay i noticed the dreaded "p200 blur"....i just cant understand....almost all snaps which i took without flash were like that...
when i was taking pic, i noticed a palm symbol...is it a handshake warning ( will read the manual carefully over weekend...was eager to try out camera soon)

i am attaching the pics

Attached Images

kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:04 AM   #2

btw....the pics from the camera are like 2Mb...i just opened the file in MS paint and saved as jpg to reduce the file size. how can i ensure file size is smaller than 250KB so that i can post on this forum?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:06 AM   #3

The handshake symbol means that the shutter setting is slow for handheld shots. In order to take blur free shots under these cirmcumstances without flash. Either use a tripod or set to manual and selecte a slightly higher shutter speed. If you are using flash the shutter speed defaults to 40. Iif you want to make it default to 50 then slightly zoom. This will also affect the aperture setting. Basicaly read the manual and then experiment. Good luck
rockyglw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:07 AM   #4

It's true. If you see the a blinking hand, you will get blur the more the number on the left(shutter speed)drops in low light.
2lexq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:31 AM   #5

what type of tripod you use or you prefer with sony p200?
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:01 AM   #6

Kaz

Definitely read the manual. (I have mentioned this in an earlier post I think)

My first shots were blurry, but I read tha manual and now no problems at all.

Any blurry snaps I get now are all down to my own error (usually shaky hands).

I'd use my tripod but most of the time I'm taking shots of my daughter and there's no time to set up - plus when I do have the tripod set up she just crawls/walks towards it, so you lose any chance of getting a picture anyway.
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:42 AM   #7

the tripod they are universal or for sony p200 it is necessary a tripod particular?
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:49 AM   #8

Tripods are normally universal. I use a small collapsible tripod for portability. I agree with Gabby though tripods canbe a pain. Best advice is select the highest shutter speed you can to get bright shots. Use the flash indoors, it has the best red-eye reduction I have ever seen on a digital camera and finally avoid using the LCD as a viewer. Using the optical allows you to keep the camera locked to your face. This should improve stability.
rockyglw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:02 AM   #9

Does the P200 has plastic or metal body? Which one do you have, black or silver?

Thanks
ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:03 AM   #10

rockyglw wrote:
Quote:
Tripods are normally universal. I use a small collapsible tripod for portability. I agree with Gabby though tripods can be a pain. Best advice is select the highest shutter speed you can to get bright shots. Use the flash indoors, it has the best red-eye reduction I have ever seen on a digital camera and finally avoid using the LCD as a viewer. Using the optical allows you to keep the camera locked to your face. This should improve stability.
thanks everyone..i will do the reading assignment this weekend....and post the results again...

yeah gabby i know u had underlined the importance of manuals in earlier post...but i was eager to try out soon...i guess i will be lesarning some basic manual controls sooon :-)

thanks!
kaz.