Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 22, 2002, 2:37 PM   #1

Default FD 95 disk problems

My sony FD 95 has been in the repair shop for 5 months out of the year I have owned it. It either records only a portion of the picture or gives a disk error.

Anyone else haveing a similar problem
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2002, 12:23 PM   #2

WE ARE USING THE FD 87 AND OF THE 7 CAMERAS WE HAVE HAD 4 OF THEM GO OUT WITH THE PROBLEM YOU DESCRIBE (DISK FORMAT ERROR). WE SENT ONE BACK TO THE COMPANY AND IT COST OVER $100 TO REPAIR. ALL OF THE PROBLEM CAMERAS ARE BETWEEN ONE AND TWO YEARS OLD. THEY ARE NOT EXTENSIVELY USED. IF YOU FIND A SOLUTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
MITT TUBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2002, 4:53 PM   #3

Default ME TOOO!!! DISK ERROR ON SONY DSC-P5

Please let me know if y'all find a solution. I'm scarred for life that my underwater COZUMEL pics did NOT come out. Not to mention I LOST my camera on the way back but still had half my memory, thank goodness. Then even the sacred saved memory had errors! YUCK!
deerechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2002, 12:40 PM   #4

Default FD 95 disk problems

I just started having the same problem. I noticed that if you push in on the floppy after it's in the camera that it will work. Maybe it's got something to do with the spring tension on the disk drive?
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:28 PM   #5

I assume you have tried just replacing the Floppy Disk Adaptor? My first adaptor lasted ten months and 20,000 shots before it deleted one hundred vacation shots. I had hints with getting the disk error, but usually just turned the camera off and then on and it usually worked. Got worse just prior to loosing the hundred shots. Put the new one in that I bought just in case, and the problem went away.
SilverCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:45 PM   #6

i really like my fd 95, when i have disc errors i try to get any pics on that disk, then try a full format on the disk, if it errors there, i throw the disk away, my experience is the floppy disks have always been problem, dont use the metal sliding type, they are known to bend inside the unit and cause problems
BOATneedsGAS is offline   Reply With Quote