Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:04 PM   #1

When i turn on camera the screen flashes white and then stays black. It wont let me do anything? once in while ya can see the screen flash whiterealfastand that is it ... Any help would be great. I have only useedthiscamera like 25 times at the most.
basketberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:54 PM   #2

Make sure you are using a brand new set of alkaline batteries or fully charged NI-MH batteries. If you are using the "S" info-lithium battery, you may want to try different batteries just to make sure the battery is not bad. The P30 seems to be an excellent camera for its time, using the same 3x optical lens as alot of the Mavica cameras. I hope your problem is just the batteries. I just picked up a P30 the other day for a great deal with a bad power button:
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:13 PM   #3

Yes i have tried new batteries and a fully charged ni. I tried I really like his camera and enjoy using for wha little things i do... I havent used it much to get money worth out of it yet. And sony wants a arm and leg to repair them.....Any more help would be great....Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:25 PM   #4

Perhaps weak or discharged batteries? You might get some answers from people having experience with that camera on the Sony forum.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:52 PM   #5

thanks..... I did go there for some reason i went there first and didnt notice till was to late.. I have tried new batteries and still same thing.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:15 PM   #6

So does anyone know a good reasonable place to get digital camera repaired? or to see whatit going to cost to repair. Sony is lookin at like $175. and gesh can almost get brand new one for that cos..
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:52 PM   #7
Administrator

If anyone is wondering why this thread looks a little strange, it's because I merged two different threads together (there were two threads on the same subject). ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote