Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:26 PM   #1

Ok- here we go again....I read all of the previous posts on the v1 vs. W1 vs. P100, 150 and 200 debate AND I'M STILL CONFUSED !!!! Basically, I have owned the W-1 for less than 2 weeks. I like how it feels and have managed to take some stunning pictures of my young kids. However, it was a frustrating process learning the ropes and I still get 10-15% blurry pictures . And I wish it was thinner although I like the square shape. And yes, I know how to adjust the shutter speed, etc but am thinking that I don't want to constantly fluctuate between "P" and "M" and "Auto" mode. And I have ruled out the P100 b/c of mixed reviews and reports of high noise. Circuit City has a great price on the P150...I got it for $303 + tax and it's being delivered next week. Do you think that I will be happier with the P150 since I mainly take snapshots? I am "particular" about the quality of the pictures though, esp. indoors. Since I paid almost the exact amount of money, is the P150 a better value since it has 7.2 mpgs? Cybershotnut- I KNOW that you have ALL of these cameras so I am particularly interested in what you think? Thanks in advance!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:41 PM   #2

Really there isn't that much difference between the two cameras aside from the 2 megapixel difference. Because of the placement of the flash, I notice slightly more red-eye with the W1. The lenses are identical and the menus are the same on both cameras. Some people prefer the AA batteries the W1 uses, others prefer the info-lithium battery the P150 uses. Then there is the obvious LCD size difference, the P150 has a very sharp 1.8" LCD while the W1 has a slightly less sharp 2.5" display.

My own preference would have to be the P150 because of the extra resolution, smaller size and better flash placement.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:09 PM   #3

Thanks for your quick reply and informed OPINION! I was dreading another "get what suits you best response"! That's what I was thinking too...I "think" I might even be able to get it for ~$250 if I pricematch CC at CompUSA since they are crediting $50 if you bring in ANY camera....I did also notice the red-eye problem with the W1. I'm glad to hear that the image quality is the same, if not better? than the W1. Thanks Again !
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:52 PM   #4

UPDATE: I actually ended up getting the P200 for $325 + tax at CompUSA today. I didn't think it would matter to me, but I instantly fell in love with the left-finger "groove" and larger LCD screen.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 2:49 PM   #5

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:38 PM   #6

Very, very Thanks for your help Cybershotnut !