Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:14 PM   #1

I noticed one additional difference between the 150 and 200 is batteries - the 200 uses AA and the 150 has the awesome long lasting Sony Infolithium.

The 200 seems like a great deal with the larger LCD, AA batteries, etc - I guess a purchasing decision shouldn't be based on type of batery, right?

I had struggled to FINALLY decide on the Canon A95 (after reading toooo many reviews) and stumbled on the SONY. Perhaps the 100 will be fine for my occassional general photo ops - family, friends, vacations, pets, etc???

I don't print anything larger than 8X10 - and that is even rare. Want a smaller, higher resolutioncamera than my Minolta S414 that I can use quickly when the opportunity arises. Don't think I need the 150 or 200 if someone thinks I might be happy with the 100. I am moving up from a 4MP and looking for a 5MP or maybe even a 6MP when I read about the Sony 100, 150 and 200.

Can someone clear this "stuff" out of my head and assist with comments, ideas, etc so I can buy a camera this weekend, stop reading all the reviews and take some pics????
dmz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:37 PM   #2

The P200 does NOT use AA batteries. It uses the same infolithium as the P150. That is wrong info in one of the reviews.

I have the P200 for 2 weeks now and love it.
opusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:46 PM   #3

Sorry - that is what the attached spec sheet showed on another site - just double checked and it does say AA - Guess I should stay off thatsite andrely onSTEVE'S!!

dmz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 3:33 AM   #4

yes....p200 uses sony propriety battery and not AA ones
kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote