Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:06 PM   #1

the fact that the t33 is so small is obviously its best feature, but i gather its pictures are not as good as what you can get from a p200?

what are peoples opinions on each of the cameras. pros and cons?
im not acquainted with any of them in the flesh, so i dont know the sizes of each camera, nor their picture quality.

thanks in advance
adam
adam_rushmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:21 PM   #2

In my opinion, I would say forget the T33. I never used a T33, but I've used a T3 which is nearly identical. The flash power is poor and the small sensor is very noisy. The P200 has given me great results so far and I'm sure the W7 will be nearly identical. A good friend of mine will be getting a W7 as soon as it's available. I will be borrowing it and giving it some good testing within the next few weeks.:-)
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:48 AM   #3

ok, thanks. so the p200 and w7 is virtually the same camera but in a different housing then?

what about size, will the w7 be smaller than the p200?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:39 AM   #4

Opposite-the P200 is smaller, thinner, and lighter. The W7 is considered a compact and the P200 is a subcompact.
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:04 AM   #5

ahh, p200 it is then i think!! the T33 is a no no then when it comes to quality of pictures and flash?
Old Mar 18, 2005, 4:55 AM   #6

W7 offers a 2.5" LCD in a boxier form factorand uses easily available AA NiMH batteries.

P200 offers a 2" LCD in Sony's popularD shapedform and uses proprietary battery and a better positioned flash.

Both cameras have similiar sensors and optics.
virgil_dlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:15 AM   #7

One more thing about batteries - most people prefer "AA" - I don't ! I much prefer a LONG-LASTING lithium battery - the P200 has great battery life - 300 + minutes . I find "AA" too cumbersome. Yes, you can replace them in a pinch but you have to carry a bulky charger and always have 4-8 batteries rolling around. Just my 2 cents.
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 4:38 PM   #8

Don't forget the W7 has 32mb internal memory and uses the more compatible Memory stick pro (not the smaller memory stick pro duo)
da ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 6:05 PM   #9

Kimnicho:

Rather than "bulky," the W7's external AA charger is smaller than the P200's power cord (for internal charging). Also, the W7's two AA batteries actually offer similar or better battery life than the P200's more expensive Infolithium...see my comparison here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12712290

I've been a big fan of the P-series, and the P200 is very impressive, but I'm considering a switch to the W7, based on this and a few other factors...

amcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:12 AM   #10

Do check the flash and the red-eye it causes. It's its main problem. The rest of the camera is superb, the cast shadows normally created by a flash that's more to the side is not an issue here because of the front placement, though.
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote