Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:07 AM   #11

For me shooting indoor flash shots on Manual Mode is fairly straight forward. I set the shutter speed to 1/60 sec and the aperature to its lowest (numerical) setting which will vary depending on the amount of lens zoom used. I set the flash to "On" and toggle to the "+" mode setting in the menu. Then I just snap away. If I'm taking pictures of moving things (i.e. kids etc.) then I just bump the shutter speed up to 1/100 sec. I also set the ISO to 200 or 400 depending on the amount of room lighting present. At ISO 400 the photos need some post processing to clean up the noise in the picture but the results are good, IMO. Hope this helps.
PicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:33 PM   #12

The best way to obtain a blury background wich will not distract the eye from the main "actor" is not so easy with Sony P200.
To obtain that you will have to zoom in to subject and use the smallest f number.
Also is a good idea to use center metering and focusing. Read the EXIF info from the image.
Attached Images

a3des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:42 PM   #13

a3des, hi.

Are you getting the best focus in that picture?

I use center focus and zoom in, focus lock then zoom out, then snap.

But never too close to the object. Maybe to try a sencond time, I put on macro if I'm too close to the object.

I have p150, but you can use spot focus. That would be betterthan I could do with this.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:55 AM   #14

Hmmm never tried to the lock focus and zoom out than snap trick. I'll give it a try, I am a biginner after all. Will post later a photo with dogs in motion shooted at 1/1000. Very impressive!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:25 AM   #15

Looking forward to your nice P200 pictures.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:33 AM   #16

I will post if it not offend anyone, don't want to disturb the discution with examples if thats not ok with everyone.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:41 AM   #17

Yesterday was a fine sunny day and I have tried out the scene mode, the Sport scene mode in particular. It does a good job taking steady shots of things in motion. But for best results I still recomend the manual mode. In sport scene mode I some camera using 1/1250, 1/640 exposure time, in manual mode maximum (minimum) available is 1/1000. I don't know how camera decides wich time is better for the shot. I have shoted a car in fast motion and needed 1/1000 but the camera only used 1/640 so the shot was not perfect. After that I shoted some dogs playing and camera fired at 1/1250. But for this values camera needs very good light.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:31 AM   #18

I don't know how pictures would doharm. You know.

I bet you took nice pictures.

Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:06 PM   #19

Ok. Check out a shot at 1/1000. The dog is flying Image is resized and compressed a bit.
Attached Images

Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:09 PM   #20

Spring is here... so great ! So Sony !
Attached Images